Friday, September 23, 2011

"Whodunit" on Tahquitz

A few weeks ago, on Sep 2nd Kenneth and I had a wonderful day just the two of us, and went up to a place called Idyllwild o climb the route "Whodutin" - a 5.9 rated climb going up 800 ft. on the rock formation, Tahquitz. We started up the trail around 9 am and started climbing shortly after 10 am. The climbing was so beautiful and very fun - except for maybe a particular move or two. It was killer too on the calves! I don't know the last time I had such an intense all day workout!


Mid-way up










Here we are at the top of the mountain - 8 hours after our start


Kenneth's summit shot


Kenneth's awesome helmet hair


Beautiful sunset on the hike down

This climb was so much fun, and I know Kenneth especially liked it. His favorite climbs are multi-pitch climbs like this. It was wonderful to get out and spend some time together in such a beautiful area, doing something so fun!

1 comment:

PaA-Lito said...

Looks beautiful, but still scary to me. I guess it's important to keep those muscles in shape.