Saturday, February 11, 2012

Christmas in Utah

We headed to Utah for Christmas this year to see Kenneth's family.  We packed up the car with ice climbing gear, snowboards and snowshoes - but were shocked to find NO snow when we got there!  It definitely caused for a change of plans!

When we arrived on Christmas Eve and had a family dinner with all of Kenneth's siblings (except Steven who is on a mission).  It was wonderful to see everyone again and to see how much all of the kids have grown.  Kenneth's sister Stephanie was staying at the house for Christmas break, and his sister Chantale and her husband Mike and new baby Elena stayed the night as well.

We awoke on Christmas morning and had a wonderful time opening presents.  Danny and Emily were of course, more fascinated with the wrapping paper and whatnot...but they certainly have enjoyed their presents since then.









We ate the Noyce traditional Christmas breakfast of Breakfast Casserole and then opened more presents once Rachelle and Dustin came over with their family.  We then got ready for church and headed out.  Not before taking a picture of Emily in her adorable little Christmas dress.







After church we hung out at home and just relaxed.  It was wonderful!

I didn't keep track of what we did on what day while we were there, but we were able to go to the temple one day with Stephanie, spent some time with my brother Michael, his wife Kim and my nephew Jonathan (always a party), and got together with my old roommate Heidi whom I adore.  Kenneth spent a lot of time working on Stephanie's old car which she was going to sell last July when Kenneth put in a new radio...but didn't, and then when they tried to drive it recently it didn't work.  Kenneth spent the entire week finding one thing and then another to fix.  In the end Stephanie decided to keep that car, and instead to sell the one she had been driving.  ;)

Although there was hardly any snow, there was ice in Utah.  Kenneth and I excitedly headed to Provo Canyon early on Wednesday and were able to try out some ice climbing!  Kenneth hasn't been since we got married because I was always too scared to try.  I was finally willing to try when we moved out to California, where there isn't much ice...obviously!  The ice climbing was incredibly fun!  I loved everything about it!  I can't wait to try it again!







On Thursday, Dec 29th we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.  I can't believe we've been married for 5 years, yet at the same time we have so many memories I feel like it should be more than that!  We have filled out 5 years with so many fun adventures and I can't wait for the many, many, more we will have!  Kenneth is my absolute best friend.  I love spending time with him and our family and I am so grateful to have a husband who is so kind and loving, and who is beyond patient with me.  Plus, who else has a husband who does all the cooking! ;)  Our trade however is that I clean and change the diapers ;)



For our anniversary we went to Zupas - a little soup and sandwich place all over Utah, but NO WHERE in California.  I love that place.  We then went to the Hale Center Theater to watch the play "The 39 Steps".  The storyline was...interesting, but the show was hilarious!  There are only 3 actors and they are constantly changing costumes and characters on the 12x12 foot stage!  It was so funny!  Thank you to Kenneth's parents for watching the kids so often so we could have a little time together.

New Years Eve we headed to Rachelle and Dustin's house and had fun eating tons of yummy food and chatted while the kids went crazy.  We headed home around 8 to get the kids in bed, and then spent the rest of the evening watching a movie.  I realized only now that we probably went to bed around 11:30 - and didn't even think to stay up the extra half hour to celebrate the new year...whoops!  Well, that was about it!  We had an awesome time! So happy to see so many family and friends!

No comments: