Tuesday, December 11, 2007

First Time Blogger!

Hello, hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm not exactly sure how this works, so I guess I'll just learn as I go! This blog is an attempt for me to keep in touch in friends and family...something I am definitely trying to be better at! Anyway, here is a quick update of me and my life:

Kenneth and I got married almost 1 year ago (Dec 29, 2006). Since then, I have graduated from BYU - UT with a BS in Biology. I am currently working at a place called 3-form as a receptionist (I can't really explain what we do there...if you want to know, check out the website www.3-form.com). Kenneth is finishing school at the University of Utah for Mechanical Engineering and hopefully will be done in about 3 semesters.

Other exciting news in our life...we are buying a house! Our house is about 5 minutes away from downtown Salt Lake City, UT. It is very small...but we're only 2 people so it's great! In fact, we are looking forward to having a second bedroom! It's definitely a house with a lot of potential for fixing up...which is great because Kenneth LOVES that kind of thing! He is so excited to get in there and get started! We close on the 17th (less than a week away!) and should begin moving in a day or 2 later...Merry Christmas to us!

Well, besides that, I am SOOO looking forward to Christmas this year! With all the wedding plans last year, we didn't really have a Christmas, so I am very excited this year! It's definitely going to be an exciting time, with us moving into our house, and also there is big news with the in-laws! My sister-in-law Stephanie (who I was a roommate with during college) is going to be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She will be gone for a year and a half teaching others about the church and the gospel of Jesus Christ. Missionaries are sent all over the world, and leaders of the church choose where they are needed to go. I am very excited because she should be getting her call (which tells her where she will be serving) in the next day or 2! I have never had the opportunity to go on a mission, but it is a wonderful experience from all that I hear. All of the missionaries serve without pay, and are able to commit their entire lives for a period of time to service and teaching. Women typically go when they are 21 and serve for 18 months. Men go out when they are 19 and serve for 2 years. I am very excited for Stephanie and am hoping that she leaves soon just so that she can get back sooner!

Also, my other sister-in-law, Rachelle is at the end of her pregnancy, and has been walking up and down stairs, and around malls to try to help Baby Matty to come! This is her second child. She and her husband Dustin have a 2 year old son Aidan, who has kept all of us in the family very entertained! It will be exciting to have another baby around! Yeah!

Well, that's about it for now! I will have to add some photos so people can have faces to go with the names here!

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Yeah, you have a blog. I also have a blog, if you want to check it out it is: tmpbrown.blogspot.com. It sounds like you have lots of excitement in your life right now. Congrats on the house. It is so fun to have a place to call your own. Well keep in touch.