Thursday, December 18, 2008

Where Have I Been?

Wow! I feel like I have been non-existant lately! This last weekend was a blast! Friday I took the day off work, and Kenneth and I went snowboarding with my brother Michael, and his wife Kim, as well as our friends Jose and Analee. It was a lot of fun...once I got over the 1st run. I always HATE the first run down the mountain. I don't really know HOW to snowboard, so I fall a lot, and I take Kenneth's suggestions to be cruel and mean...I spend a lot of time sitting in the snow complaining like a baby...but once I get down the first run, I am MUCH better! I was sad though because there was very little snow in the mountains! Too bad for us...the very next day there was a huge snow storm!

Friday evening, Kenneth and I took Michael and Kim to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir & Orchestra Christmas Concert!! It was marvelous!! I loved it! I am such a sucker for beautiful music! I was very happy that we were able to go.

Saturday we had a little Primary activity at church. I helped the little kids make these felt Nativity Scenes that go on their fridges, and we sang Christmas songs while playing the bells. It was great! I spent the morning frantically trying to finish wrapping all of the children's Christmas gifts from the Primary...a CD of all the songs we learned this year for our program, the songs we will be learning next year, as well as a few Christmas ones of course. I was lucky to get them done in time!

Sunday we had church and afterwards we picked up Kenneth's grandma and headed down to Highland to celebrate Kenneth's sister, Rachelle and her 1 year old, Matty's birthdays!! I cannot believe how big little Matty is already! I can't believe a year has already passed! Crazy!

Well, since then, Kenneth has been working hard on his finals. He has already completed 3 and has just 1 more tomorrow! Whoo hoo!! Also, Kenneth passed the F.E. exam!! It is the Fundamentals of Engineering exam that students MUST pass before they can graduate. I knew he would pass, but apparently he was very nervous about it! GO KENNY!

Well that's about it! I cannot wait for next Tuesday when Kenneth, Alisha and I will be driving out to CA for Christmas! I am definitely looking forward to my 2 week break! YES!

2 comments:

AubreyB said...

Wow - I can't believe Matty's 1 either! He's really like 6 months, right? :)

Stacie S-H said...

I will be in Woodland the 20-28th. My phone # is on my facebook page if you want to call or txt me, maybe we can go to lunch or something!