Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mind Blowing!

So, I was reading an article online that was talking about the worst foods in America...worst breakfast, burger, dessert, etc. So, here was the overall, #1 worst food in America of 2009:


Here was the run down on it:

Baskin Robbins Large Chocolate Oreo Shake

2,600 calories (please remember that average # of calories per person, per day is 2000 - and you can live off of much less than that)

1220 calories from fat (YIKES!)

135 g fat (208% DV)

(59 g saturated fat, 2.5 g trans fats)

333 g total carbs (111% DV)

263 g sugars

1,700 mg sodium (74% DV)

12: The average number of minutes it takes to consume this drink.

240: The number of minutes you'd need to spend on a treadmill, running at a moderate pace, to burn it off.

I thought that the article was just being outrageous, but no...I went to Baskin Robbins website and checked. I can't believe it! I am sure I have had one of these in the past, but I will never have one in the future (unless it is being shared by like 10 people). Call me crazy, but if these nutritional values were posted next to the picture at Baskin Robbins maybe people would make a smarter choice...then again, maybe they wouldn't.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Ewww!!

Becca said...

That's really disgusting! Logan shared this video with me afterwards: http://kupuk.com/blog/2009/1/11/heart-attack-grill.html

I guess for some people they really are on the eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we die. Or they are live to eat instead of eat to live.

AubreyB said...

Is it sad that the picture is just making me want one? :)

Unknown said...

mmmm hungry ;)
JK JK

argylesocks said...

Does that mean I could save time and not have to eat for four days? I am liking this plan. Kidding. That is so disgusting to think about. Thanks for the warning.

Kendall and Melissa said...

When I told Kendall about this his thoughts were: "I gotta try one of those. It's gotta be good!" I guess that's the difference between men and women. lol

Heather said...

I can just hear my hips expanding... blah!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Those stats are gross! Hey but I can't wait for those pictures you promised from California--it sounds like you guys had so much fun :-) And Happy Anniversary! It's crazy how time flies, it seems like your reception was just a few months ago.

Karen said...

Haha, when I first saw the picture, I was like, 'Mmmm That looks good!' THEN I read all your lovely information about it and I see it as the most disgusting thing in the world! haha!

Rachel N said...

Those are SOOOOOO good!