Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2 week anniversary

Well, Danny has now been home for 2 weeks! I love having him here! I must say that there were a few very restless nights, but overall we are adjusting well! I am amazed at the human body and how it can adapt to different circumstances. I always got 8-9 hours of sleep a night, and now seem to be able to function off of only 4-5. I wouldn't be able to do it for any other purpose that's for sure! Anyway, Danny is growing and getting stronger every day! Today we had a doctor's appointment and these are the stats:

Weight: 6lb 1 oz - yeah! We've broken 6lbs!!
Height: 19.5 inches
Head Circumference: 13.2 in

Again, none of these stats are on the chart. Oh well. At least he is gaining each time we go in! Also, today was the big day when Danny got circumcised. Poor guy! He did really well for the most part...until the end when he screamed like there was no tomorrow. Then, afterward, he had to have blood drawn to check his anemia. The poor little guy was poked and prodded like none other. Needless to say, he has spent most of the afternoon sleeping. I think he was just tuckered out from all the crying and the series of traumatic events I made him endure.

Well, those are the main updates for little Danny. In other news, school is going to start again for Kenneth. The abundant number of textbooks which seem to arrive every day are bringing about the realization that life is about to get a LOT busier! We are really hoping that Kenneth will also be able to maintain his job at ATK during the school year. If he does, they would most likely hire him on as a full time engineer once he graduates in May. That would be AMAZING!! Besides that, we've been having fun spending time with Kenneth's sister, Stephanie who returned from her LDS mission in the Canada Montreal mission. She returned 1 week ago, and I have had a BLAST with her!! Anyway, that's about all! I'll try to keep this updated more regularly now that our little family has figured out a decent schedule. Until next time!

4 comments:

Kendall and Melissa said...

I'm so glad to hear an update! I'd love pictures of the cute tiny Danny too! Do you swaddle him at night for sleeping? Kendall and I swear by it. We've done it with all 3 of our kids, and they sleep so well! I'm really glad for you that Kenneth only has one more year! Hang in there!

Deb Nott said...

Amy -
You are doing great! I am so sorry that you had to deal with all the dr stuff. It is so painful to watch your little on hurt!!!
You are a great Mommy!

argylesocks said...

Good job Danny growing. Yay. All I can say is you are brave for attending such events. I was so glad that Scott was the one to take part in all of that. I still don't like going to the doctor with the babies. You amaze me.

Heather said...

Woo for progress! I'm so excited! I am just about done with all the blankets and quilt! I'm excited for you to see them! They've all turned out so cute!