Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sad Day

Oh my goodness...this day all the sudden took a terrible turn...

1) Kenneth and I were out hiking up City Creek Canyon with Danny this evening. When we got back to the car, I noticed that our car window had been broken into, and the thief stole our diaper bag (of all things right?). I hate carrying around a purse AND a diaper bag, and I had my phone and wallet in it. ARG! The wallet was not in plain sight, so we were hoping that he/she just dumped it along the brush (I mean, who doesn't want a burp cloth, diapers, and a changing pad right?) - but no luck. Not only did I have credit cards in there, but I also had little things like Danny's growth charts and his little name tag/bracelets from when he was in the hospital! I wanted to keep those little keepsakes!! I AM TICKED! ARG! Anyway, we were calling the credit card companies, and the JERK already spent $75 at a local Rite Aid - and then, while we were still on the phone with this same credit card company, he/she tried to use the card again at a 7-11. Luckily it was denied since they already officially canceled it. One of the credit card companies' system is currently down, so they can't cancel the card...so I have to call them in the morning. I can't even imagine how much he is going to charge on that one before the night is through! Ridiculous.

2) I was writing on facebook about my dilemma when I found out some TERRIBLY sad news. As you know, I am currently on maternity leave, and so I am kind of out of the loop with the happenings at work. I found out that our HR manager - a sweet woman who worked RELENTLESSLY to help me with my maternity leave situation since Danny was in the NICU for so long - just lost her little 7 month old son. I cannot even imagine the pain and sorrow she and her husband are experiencing. It was a terrible accident that occurred. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child, and your only child at that. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

3) This seems so minuscule compared to the situation listed above, but I learned tonight that there are major managerial changes happening at my work. It makes me kind of nervous since I will be working from home once my maternity leave is up. It also is hard because I was used to working with my manager Chris, who is amazing, and who was always willing to help me and be flexible with my situation. This is the manager who came to my house while I was in the hospital and who painted my baby room and mowed my lawn! Seriously how great is that! Anyway, I just hope that the new manager is understanding and is as wonderful to work with as the previous managers have been. Working from home is going to be kind of crazy with a baby, but I am determined to make it work...I just hope this new manager is willing to work with me...

Anyway, crazy and sad day overall. I can't believe that all of these things came about in just the last HOUR. Talk about draining.

6 comments:

Molly said...

STUPID THEIVES! Someone stole my purse at the mount olympus trailhead this sumer. MEAN! I know how you feel!

Deb Nott said...

Oh Amy! How HORRIBLE! I am so sorry! Good luck with...well... everything!

Heather said...

Oh man! What a day!!! I'm so sorry about everything!!! My best goes out to your HR manager! I guess it's nice to know that he's got a straight ticket to the celestial kingdom and he only needed a boy for that long!

In better news, your blankets are done! Are you going to be down here by chance any time soon?

PaA-Lito said...

Amy, I so sorry about all your bad news. As I was always told, we live and learn. I would add, sometimes we're just sad.

I hope you have a brighter week ahead. Please provide us with another Danny update.

Always thinking of you, Ken and Danny.

PaA

argylesocks said...

Bless your hearts and the heart of those dear parents. I can't even imagine their pain. Let us know if we can do anything for you. Scott will gladly go after them with a shotgun. The same thing happened to his mom this summer and he still wants to set up an ambush. I guess it's a pretty common thing according to the police.

argylesocks said...

Shotgun? No. That gets me arrested too. My plan is a sting operation. Several of us drop off cars at certain locations, loaded with purse/diaper bag/man-purse/etc. Then comes surveillance. When activity occurs, we baseball bat their knees until they can no longer run. Some handcuffs will secure them neatly in this location until the authorities we have contacted arrive while we make a clean getaway. Plan?