Friday, January 8, 2010

A Very Late Christmas

Wow...I'm a little late on this Christmas update. Better late than never! For Christmas Eve we decided we wanted to have the tradition of sledding with our kids and to go see Christmas lights. We have received mixed reactions about the sledding. Some people have commented that Danny is way too young for sledding, and others have commented that we are hilarious for taking him. Let's be honest - Kenneth would DIE if we had to sit around for 3 years until he was considered "old enough."

Danny didn't even seem to care about the sledding, except for the hour later when he was covered in snow and his pants were all wet. That is when we called it quits. It was great!





We wanted to see the lights at Temple Square, but we got home too late after a Noyce party, and after taking Kenneth's grandma home, so we opted on lights where we could stay in the car. When Kenneth was little, there was this street close to their home where they all decorated and had displays showing the words to "The Night Before Christmas." We decided to go, and Kenneth said it was not nearly as good as when he was little. Kind of sad. I remember I used to go see lights in CA and they were always so amazing! Now we will have to include a huge search every year to find some REALLY good lights!







Christmas morning we opened our few gifts together. Kenneth got a new lens that he was oh-so-excited about, and I got a red Pea coat that I have been wanting for a long time. Fabulous! Danny got some fun books/toys from Lito y Lita and we also got him a few books and some clothes (on sale of course...what do babies really need anyway?). I realized we didn't even get a family picture in front of our tree. How lame are we??




I checked and realized I looked dumb in all of my pictures with Danny...this one shows how excited he obviously was ;)

After we opened gifts we went to the Noyce's. We had their traditional breakfast casserole for breakfast (it's true Adams' family...I only get Creamed Egg on Toast at Easter. Sad huh!). Guess what? Here are MORE pictures!


This was Danny's little Christmas outfit. Cute huh?!



After spending some time at the Noyce's we went to visit Kenneth's grandma in Salt Lake.





Well, that's it! Hopefully I'll get New Years up here soon!

5 comments:

PaA-Lito said...

WOW! Great update. Danny sure is growing. Hey, Adams have creamed egg on toast for Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. This year we were in Denver Christmas morning, but when we got home we had creamed egg on toast for lunch!

Heather said...

I love that last picture of him! So cute! I think it's great you took him sledding! What a fun family tradition! I wish we were more adventurous and outgoing like you guys...

The Adams Family said...

Creamed egg on toast is out at this Adams house as well... not good. I think we will settle on German pancakes or french toast... yummy! Sorry to break tradition but I barely eat eggs that aren't creamed. Can't wait to head out sledding with you guys next Christmas eve.

The Adams Family said...

PS - Nice new picture at the top of your blog. Whoever took that picture is awesome!

Kendall and Melissa said...

I just love these pics of Danny. He is too cute! I can't wait to meet him some day. I was thinking about the stats of his 6 months and I had to smile. Talmage was like 22 lbs at his 6 month checkup!!! Rolly Poly little chunk! I love Danny's cute cheeks and his smile melts my heart!