Monday, July 26, 2010

Danny's First Birthday!

As you know we've been playing catch-up with our blog, and we couldn't forget to blog about Danny's FIRST birthday!! I can't believe how quickly this first year has gone by. We were sad that we couldn't be in Utah with more family members for the big event, but luckily my brother Michael, his wife Kim, and Danny's cousin Jonathan were in town for the occasion.

Danny practicing his walking skills (he's too afraid to stand on his own still)

The birthday crew - Michael (with Jonathan), Kim, Danny, Kenneth & me

Danny in his highchair - naked (for the most part)...we figured he would get really messy with his cupcake...

...he wasn't too interested in the cupcake. Who would have thought! He hardly ever gets sweets, so we thought he would devour it...apparently teething took him out of the cupcake frosting mood.

Michael & Jonathan (I bet you didn't know that Danny has a pirate for an uncle!)

Danny's favorite "toy" - the balloons. He chased after them for days!

Our family photo. Cute story - Kenneth went to the store to buy candles for the cupcake, and when he came home he had these wonderful birthday hats too. He slipped up...he showed me his adorable side! ;)

Danny playing with the balloons in his crib (don't worry...they didn't stay there)

I've been asked by many for a video of Danny. Here is a great one from his birthday. Enjoy!!

Happy Birthday Danny! I love you more every day.

2 comments:

The Adams Family said...

We watched the video over and over again! Loved it!!!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I can't believe Danny is already one! His party looks like it was a lot of fun. I love that picture of him playing with the balloons! I can't wait to meet the little guy in person :-)