Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween...a little late

We were able to celebrate Halloween this year with my Pa A (that's my dad), Jayne (stepmom) and sister Alisha who was in town from Germany.  They drove down from Sacramento the day before Halloween.  We got together with my step siblings for lunch, and then were rushing to get ready for our ward's Trunk or Treat.  The Trunk-or-Treat is a safe alternative to traditional trick-or-treating.  People decorate the trunks of their cars and pass out candy to the children as the come by.  Afterwards there is a Chili Cook-off, and a parade where all the kids (and adults) can show off their costumes.

We were kind of lame, and due to the rush we had to come up with costumes last minute.  Danny's grandma bought him a cute little skeleton shirt that worked for him, so he was set.
Danny managed to chew through several pieces of candy, and his mouth is FULL of his spoils

Kenneth locked himself in our bedroom for a few minutes and whipped up this costume, and I had some bunny ears and quickly transformed myself:

Kenneth was a huge success as a Ninja, especially with the 7 year old kids we teach every Sunday!

And luckily Jayne came prepared with some options for herself and Alisha.  Pa A opted on not dressing up, but provided some candy in addition to our Otter Pops to hand out to the kids. 
The pregnant sisters

Jayne (she always does the best costumes!) and Pa A
Unfortunately, I only have the few pictures Alisha left for us, so that's all I've got to offer you all!  I must say that Kenneth, Alisha and I all enjoyed Danny's candy!   Who says Trick-or-Treating isn't for the parents...and aunts?

Thank you Kim for reminding me that I have been a slacker when it comes to blogging ;)

3 comments:

The Adams Family said...

Thanks for the update, love it! So what's up with the handcuffs?
Kim

Heather said...

That is fun! I didn't know Alisha was pregnant! How fun! Are you guys due at the same time?

PaA-Lito said...

I might have a few more pictures that I'll e-mail to you.