Tuesday, November 23, 2010

We're having a...

GIRL!!

We had our ultrasound this morning and determined that we are having a little girl (or a kitten according to Kenneth).  I am SO excited! Having one of each - who could ask for more?!  She was measuring small compared to my due date, so I think my midwife will officially be changing that at my next appt.  According to the calendar I should be 18 weeks, but the baby - I mean Emily, is only measuring 16 weeks.  It was lucky we could tell she was a she at all!  

During the ultrasound she was sucking her thumb, and then apparently lost her thumb, so we saw her open and close her mouth several times trying to find it again.  Then, while trying to determine the gender she had her legs crossed initially, and then stuck her hands down there to cover herself up.  What a modest little thing!  We were able to see several glances overall though, and determined the gender.  Apparently our little girl is not only modest, but stubborn as well.  ;)

Bring on the dresses and bows!  I can't wait!

6 comments:

Kurtis and Megan Ford said...

Yea! Congrats!!

Megan said...

Yay! Little girls are SO much fun... I'm so excited for you guys!:)

MayChee said...

Yay! Congrats! Girls are fun...! :D And more expensive too...love you! I hope to meet your little ones soon!

PaA-Lito said...

I don't think your little girl will be as happy with a $1 shirt/blouse from D.I. like your brother. How exciting. We'll pray for a normal pregnancy this time.

Take care.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Ah, how exciting!!! You're going to have so much fun with a little girl! How perfect is that to start out with a boy and a girl? Danny's going to be such a sweet big brother for Emily!

Luke&Megz said...

Ams I'm finally checking your blog and I had a million posts to read but I am now up to date. I love seeing all the fun things you guys are up to..especially the baby updates! I am so excited you're having a girl!! They are so different from boys even as newborns! Not to mention shopping is ten times funner for girls..and ten times more expensive. ;) You look adorable in your pics as always and Danny is so stinkin cute. Can't wait to see what little Emily will look like!