Monday, January 7, 2008

Whoa! There ARE other young people here!

So Kenneth and I went to what we THOUGHT was our new ward this past Sunday. We found out that our ward actually changed time due to the new year, but we are guessing that general observations for the one we went to will the very similar to what we can expect for our ward. We walked in to Sacrament Meeting and were very happy to see that there was actually a mix in cultures! Call me crazy, but most of my family members are not just "white" and I miss the culture that seemed to lack at BYU. So, we were VERY excited about that. The next very clear observation we saw was that the ward was about 80% over the age of 60! Definitely an older ward...that's okay though. I'll learn a lot from the wise! It was funny however when we went to Sunday School. Kenneth and I sit down, and another young couple sits down across the aisle from us...did you hear that a YOUNG couple! As soon as time for Relief Society hit I went and introduced my self to Young Girl #2. Her name was Buffy and she and her husband have been married since May (newlyweds like us) and just moved to UT from Alabama. It was kind of crazy because both of us are new home/condo owners and both couples are fixing up their houses! When church was done the men joined us and we swapped stories about construction fiascos with our homes! The men offered to help each other with the construction which I am ALL for!! (Construction is NOT really my thing) Hopefully a new friendship will arise with the ONLY other young couple we've seen since we moved to this neighborhood! How fun!

No comments: