Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


So, yesterday was my birthday, and it was fabulous! I went to work, and received calls from my Papa, and from my mom (who always calls every year at the exact TIME you were born - lucky for me that's 7:30 a.m. rather than in the middle of the night). My brother Tytus called also.


Now, I am not really one of those people who tells others when it is my birthday. However, my friend at work Megan knew, and brought me a piece of cake. Later in the day, 5 of the bosses here at 3-form walked towards me and surrounded my desk.


DeeJay, my boss' boss said, "Amy, what day is today?"

Me, trying to play dumb said, "Monday!"

"Yes, but what is the date?"

"March 3rd"

"And what happened on March 3rd??"

"Um...I was born?!"


Anyway, they presented me with a card that had 2 movie tickets inside. I was really excited because Kenneth and I NEVER go to the real theater, but only the dollar theaters. We're going to have to choose wisely which movie deserves our free tickets.


Work was also very good - it went REALLY fast, and I didn't have a single customer yell at me! After work, Kenneth picked me up, we went home to change out of work clothes, and opened my gift from him, which was a running shirt. For those who don't know, we're training for a marathon, and I have been dying in my cotton shirts, and asked for a cooler one. I am VERY excited for it!


Then, Kenneth and I went to the mall in search for a cute purse for me. I have wanted a larger, more fun one, and after searching for awhile, we finally found it!

Then, we headed over to my brother's apartment where we meet up with him (Michael) his fiance (Kim) and my sister Alisha. We had dinner which consisted of french bread pizza (delish!) salad, and the ultra crisp double chocolate chocolate chip cookies Kenneth made the night before. It was a great night and a fantastic birthday!

No comments: