Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Years Resolutions...starting now!

So, I realize that New Years is still a few months away, but why should I wait until then to make some changes in my life?? Last night I was praying and talking to Heavenly Father about all the things I want to change in my life like not wasting time and being idle, working on enhancing my talents (instead of just complaining that I don't have any), and working harder at my calling at church as a Primary leader (to name just a few of the many). It was actually a great experience, and I know that I can't do a million things at once, so I made a list of some of the things I would like to start/stop/change and I want to work on just one or two at a time. I figure I will work on 1-2 things exclusively for about 2-3 weeks at a time - I hear that is about how long you have to do something before it becomes a habit. Good thing I have my entire life to work on these goals! Here is to a better future wife/mom/daughter/sister/friend! Wish me luck!

Current Goal: have personal scripture study EVERY day

3 comments:

argylesocks said...

You have inspired me.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

K, you're awesome. What a great idea to just focus on ONE thing at a time! I feel like it's so hard when you try to do EVERYTHING at once. And 3 weeks is the magic number for making a habit, right? Now, it's just a matter of choosing which thing to start first. Thanks for the inspiration, love :-)

Luke&Megz said...

Oh geez if you have stuff to improve on them I'm in big trouble! You're totally right about the whole New Year's resolution thing, I think of things all the time and I'm like, I should make that my new year's resolution! duh why don't i just start now? you're smart.