Wednesday, May 5, 2010

10 Months, Accidents, Projects & More

So, I haven't blogged in about 2 weeks, so here is a quick update of what's been going on:

- My sister Alisha stayed with us for about a week before flying out to Germany where her husband is serving in the British military. She had a lot of fun watching and playing with Danny (or "Puppy" as she calls him) before she left.

- As many of you know I usually can't stand my hair. It bugs me a lot...so, before Alisha left to Germany she helped me to "be brave" and to get it cut in a way I never would have chosen before. I got a bob and it is also dyed back a little darker (rather than the leftovers of the red I had). I absolutely LOVE it! It forces me to do my hair everyday (rather than just throw it in a ponytail/bun) but it still only takes like 5-10 minutes. I'm so happy Alisha helped me conquer my fear of going short!



- My brother Michael, his wife Kim and their new baby Jonathan just returned from 6 months in Las Vegas (where Michael was transferred for work). We are very excited to have them back and that Danny has a new little cousin to play with (i.e. eat his hand). Kenneth flew out to Las Vegas to help pack up their place and to drive back with Michael. It was a quick turn-around, but he had a great time, and we are happy everyone returned safely. Michael and his family were able to come over to our house the night after they returned so that Alisha could spend some time with Jonathan before she left.



- Next on the list...Kenneth is DONE with school!! He had his one and only final last Wednesday (he was only taking 2 classes, and only one had a final). His graduation is the 10th, but he is not going to it. He can't stand the long speeches and general waste of time. Anyway, I could not be prouder of him. He has worked so hard over the past few years and has done great with his school work. He already has a job lined up and we just have to wait until the official "graduation" until they will transfer him from part to full-time. Go Kenneth!

- On to home projects! As most of you know, we bought a house in Salt Lake City about 2 1/2 years ago and have been slowly updating different portions of it. We finally got around to tackling the hallway. Yes, our hallway is small, but it still required a lot of work! We had to mud and sand the main door-frame, pull out old "industrial-style" baseboards, replace with new baseboards and paint. It looks 1000x better and am so happy with it.





- Now for the most recent accident! Kenneth was attacked my the screen door yesterday (Tuesday) and a huge chunk of his skin was ripped off. When he showed me the damage, you could see part of his tendon! It was absolutely disgusting. A picture is below for those who wanted to see:



- Now my favorite subject: DANNY!! My little boy is TEN months today! I can't believe how fast the time is flying! He is absolutely adorable, and I couldn't love him more. Unfortunately the little guy is teething with his 3rd tooth (again on the bottom - none on top yet). He army crawls like mad, and will get on his knees, but hasn't quite figured out how to move on them yet. He can stand up when you give him something to hold onto, but I have only seem him pull himself up once without any help from us. He also babbles a lot more and makes the sound "dada" though I don't think he knows what that means yet. He loves books, DVDs (he likes to pull out ALL of the DVDs he can), and jumping in his little jumping-chair. He can feed himself finger-foods now and especially likes bananas and cheese. I love this little man!

Danny playing with his favorite DVD's

Danny eating fettucini with spinich-alfredo for his 10 month birthday







Danny's 3rd tooth coming in - it is on the left.

This is for you Mom. It got really cold here so I had to pull your afghan out!






(click to see the full screen version)

4 comments:

James and Cindy said...

You are so lucky he only has 3 my youngest is 9 1/2 months and has 8 teeth!!! 4 on top and bottom. Have you ever heard of Hylands Teething Tablets? They help with the teething cries and pains. They sell them at Walmart and I like them tons better tha orajel or any of the other brands.

Rick Shurtliff said...

Fun! Except the injury, OUCH! It was great to see you the other day. I thought your hair was new and cute but didn't say anything. I figured I just hadn't seen you in so long it was always that way and I was unobservant.

Glad it wasn't just that. :)

Rick

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Your hair is so cute! And so is Danny's little Army crawl! Kenneth's injury, on the other hand... haha.

PaA-Lito said...

Wow, what a lot of activity is so short a period of time. Great heel picture. Congratulation on your graduation Kenneth. Great pictures and video of Danny. I'm so glad all of you were able to spend some time with Alisha before she left.

Today its "Helping Hands" here in Woodland. Got to go paint or something.

Keep up the sharing. I love it!

PaA