Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

So, this weekend was SOO fun! We have been planning a backpacking trip up Bells's Canyon for several weeks now. We were getting a little worried that our plans would be foiled due to bad weather, but we decided to go with or without the rain! So, we packed our bags, and headed up the canyon after work Friday early evening. The hike was BEAUTIFUL and the hike itself wasn't too bad. Kenneth was nice enough to give me the lighter pack - about 30 lbs. while he carried the heavier pack with all our rock-climbing gear - about 50 lbs. The hike, as I said was incredible. I felt like I was back in California! There were beautiful granite boulders, green trees, and rivers. It started raining pretty hard for 10 minutes or so, but we pushed through it, and thank goodness we did! As soon as the rain let us, the skies opened and it was so clear and blue! It was amazing!

We finally reached our destination point and set up camp. The night was a little uncomfortable for me because I kept trying to snuggle with Kenny, but we were on a slight decline...and I kept rolling away from him! I was not very happy about that! On Saturday morning we were going to do a climb up there, but it was REALLY windy, so we decided to hike back down and go rockclimbing in Little Cottonwood (one canyon to the north) which is not nearly as high, and therefore not as cold. It was an amzing time, but boy were my calves sore! They've never been so sore in my life!

On Sunday we went to the Noyce's house for Kenneth's birthday dinner. It was delicious! We spent the night that night and helped out with his parent's house...his mom has been sick for about 4 months and she was finally given a proper diagnosis last week. She has been diagnosed with Addison's disease (her adrenal gland, which produces hormones is not working) and is looking forward to gaining some weight and much needed strength. Anyway, that was our weekend! It was amazing!

1 comment:

Nick & Danielle said...

Hey! Everything is going great! It has been a while since we've talked...what is going on? Let's get together sometime. This week won't be good cause I'm going to be out of town but call or text me and we'll get something planned!!!