Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Understanding

So, I've been kind of sad lately. Life is SOO crazy, and it makes me sad when things don't work out the way I feel they should. I'm trying to be understanding and patient, but that can be really hard for me sometimes. The old R&B song, "Understanding" by Xcape comes to mind. The first verse really hits home for me:

Chorus:
What I need from you is understanding
How can we communicate
If you don't hear what I say.
What I need from you is understanding,
So simple as 1-2-3,
Understanding is what we need.

[Verse One]
You don't really know me,
You just wanna do what you wanna do.
That's not the way it should be,
No, you should listen to me boy.
I try so very hard to make you understand,
But the choices you make,
baby they're all demands.

I have a really hard time when people don't understand the way I am feeling...it brings up all kinds of trust issues from when I was little. I guess I need to do some extra praying to be better. Anyway, I just want to say that I am SOO grateful for Kenneth. I love him more than anything else in the world. Anyway, send some loving prayers my way if you've got extra to spare.

1 comment:

Nick & Danielle said...

Hey Amy! How are things going! I haven't talked to you for a while since I quite 3form. How did everything go with the manager position? Hope things start going your way! We need to play sometime!