Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Excellent Weekend!

I love the weekends...this last one was great! Nice and relaxing!
Friday we got together with our friends, Danny & Heather and ate some pizza, watched the Office and then played Apples to Apples. It was so fun!


On Saturday we spent most of the morning raking leaves! Our tree dropped almost all of its leaves on Thursday and it took HOURS for me to rake them all up! I did that while Kenneth did some weed-wacking...whoo hoo! Now we don't look QUITE so ghetto!
On Sunday we had church, and I taught a lesson on modesty to the Primary kids. That afternoon we just spent time reading, and I just finished a GREAT book! If anyone needs a recommendation, I recommend "Red River" - it is a story about various African American families in Colfax, LA 10 years after the abolition of slavery. It is an amazing story of a community coming together to bring about change.

That evening we went over to Danny & Heather's again (I love that they moved so close!) to play a round of Settlers of Cataan. This game comes very highly recommended! It is a blast to play!


Another great weekend is gone...and I'm waiting for the next one...

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh my, that game totally looks like Settlers of Zarahemla (or something like that)! Fun though, huh?