Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

So, my birthday was last week (March 3rd) and we did lots of fun things to celebrate!

The Friday before my birthday we went to Tucano's for the first time. We had a free birthday entree, and we had a gift certificate so we ate out for free all around! The food was delicious!

On my actual birthday, Kenneth had to go to mutual (he works with the Young Men in our church) and they were going to "Classic Skate" for roller skating. I tagged along, and invited my brother Michael, and his wife Kim to come along. It was hilarious because the two boys who came opted for the bounce house, so the 4 of us just skated around as though we were alone anyway. It was great. I have to admite though - I am not as good on roller skates as I used to be! Granted, I can't even remember the last time I did classic skating - maybe next time I should stick with the roller blades...Afterwards we had birthday shakes which were DELICIOUS! Chocolate and oreos - MmMmMmMm!!

Yesterday we got together at Kenneth's parent's place for my birthday dinner. I told them I wanted lots of vegetables, so we had carrots, broccoli and asparagus. We also had mashed potatoes, rolls and roast. YUM YUM! Thanks Noyce's! I also got some wonderfully fun gifts including a book, a DVD, a maternity shirt, an MP3 player with speakers, movie tickets and a little cash for getting popcorn at the movie! It was great!

All in all, it's been another good year! I'm so excited about this "new" year - 23 is going to bring a lot of good things! Kenneth starting to work full time, baby, adding on to the house (hopefully) and any SUPRISES that may be thrown our way! I can't wait!

2 comments:

argylesocks said...

Happy Birthday Amy. I totally spaced it and am feeling a little dumb considering I have seen you since and know full well that your birthday is right after mine. My apologies. Hope you have a good birthday.

Kendall and Melissa said...

Happy VERY LATE birthday! I haven't done my "blog stalking" as Kendall calls is, for a long time, so I totally missed it! So sorry. Hope you're doing really well. I hope this is a really great year for you.