Monday, March 2, 2009

Baby Update

Last Tuesday, Kenneth and I had our 2nd baby appt. It was pretty low key overall. We just talked about my symptoms (I didn't get morning sickness until about 13 weeks, but have been lately - and I've been dizzy), checked the baby's heartbeat again, and had some blood work done. My Dr. thinks we're having a boy - perhaps based off of the wive's tales of when you get sick, the heartrate, etc. I'm not sure if any of these have any kind of foundation, but either way she has a 50% chance of getting it right! We find out in about 3 weeks whether we will be having a "Baby Emily" or a "Baby Danny." I'm so excited! I've been wanting to buy things, but not knowing whether it is a girl or a boy makes it kind of difficult!

On Thursday we found out that all the blood work came back well. Thank goodness! I wasn't nervous about it until my Dr. left me a message about it. So that is good. Now I just have to endure the endless headaches, dizziness, and tiredness until my next appt when we'll get some more good news!

P.S. and by the way - I'm thinking maybe I should wait to put up that Baby Countdown...the baby at this point doesn't look all that cute...

6 comments:

argylesocks said...

I have no idea how they would be able to tell this early on. I was pretty close to the same amount of sick with both babies, We are having a girl. My pregnancies have felt different, but that could just be that I am more used to it the second time around. I really hope that you get feeling better. That is the most miserable thing. I am so very excited for you. Cute names

James and Monica said...

So, I have to officially say congrats here on your blog!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I always wonder about those wives tales. But either way, I think Emily and Danny are cute names!! Love you much!!
Feel better.

PaA-Lito said...

I think, I think, I think, I think I'll go for the least likely option. Ooops! The vote is now in my favor. How did that happen? I'm supposed to be for the underbaby. Oh well.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Oh my gosh, Amy! I'm SO excited for you!!! I've been behind on reading blogs so I just saw. You're going to be the best mom :-) I can't wait to hear more about it. Hope you had a great birthday!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Oh, and for the record... I love both of the names you picked out :-)

Ike and Bethany said...

Amy, Oh my gosh. Congrats! I had no idea, but of course being out of the ward I wouldn't know. I am so happy for you guys, best of luck with all the dizziness and headache and all that fun stuff that comes with being prego.