Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Big Bear Lake

I forgot to blog about our last camping trip, so I will repent now! We headed up on our last 3-day weekend. It was absolutely GORGEOUS!! Now, you might be thinking, "Hey, they said they went to the lake. They MUST have done some swimming, boating, jet-skiing, etc." If you thought that, you thought wrong! They had awesome climbing there, so obviously we were taking advantage of that (although I DO want to actually go to the lake sometime). We ended up camping & climbing with 2 families we met up there. They were the nicest people! Anyway, here are just a few pictures:

Do not let this picture fool you! This was extremely hard, and we both took our time getting up it!

Danny didn't like the feel of the dirt on his knees, so he crawled around with his bum up in the air the whole time!

The "feathery" tree as I called it. I thought it looked so awesome.

There were beautiful flowers everywhere!

At first I thought Danny was picking his nose...then I realized he was attempting to pick his nose with a stick!

A baby rattlesnake we saw in the bushes next to us...we seem to see one almost every time we go climbing!

The view at night was absolutely incredible!! This picture does little justice. I love having the opportunity to get away from society so often and enjoy all the beauties of God's creations.

A NaStY bug we found the next morning.

This climb was a little challenging for me, but was SUPER fun!

We saw this adorable little cottage in the middle of a field surrounded by the most beautiful trees. Loved it!

And last but not least...although we didn't go to the lake, we did at least get a picture! ;)

1 comment:

Stacie S-H said...

Love your pictures! you guys do such fun stuff as a family. Tony & I are like that already so I hope we continue to do those kinds of things with our future kids. Ick about the nasty bug! Sick!