Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stand Up Paddle Boarding

About 2 weeks ago we were able to meet up with my friend Ashley and her husband Matt. Ashley and I met when I first moved to Woodland, CA when I was 13. Her family moved out to Utah shortly thereafter, but we've always been the kind of friends who can get together after a long time and it is like there was no time gap at all! I love it! Anyway, the last time I saw them was at their wedding reception over a year ago, and at the time I was still pregnant with Danny.

We decided to meet up at the newly opened Cafe Rio in Manhattan Beach - it was fabulous!! For those of you who don't know about Cafe Rio, I suggest that you plan on making a trip as soon as possible! It is delicious! It was even better than we anticipated because the day we went was "Free Food Day" and they just asked for a small donation to go towards a charity cause. We were more than happy to donate and enjoyed a scrumptious meal.

(I stole this picture from Ashley's blog...Thanks!!)

We then headed out to Redondo Beach to try out stand up paddle boarding. I'd never seen it done before and was nervous that I would never be able to stand up on it...but when we got there, we found out we would be paddling in a harbor rather than in the waves, so needless to say, we all had a much easier time with it that we probably would have otherwise (let's be honest, I'm sure everyone would have been fine except for me). Here are some of our pictures:

Here is Kenneth waiting to get on his paddle board


Heading out!


Ashley & Matt


I love this kid!





Heading out!





My cute hubby


Danny & Matt hanging out


Danny felt left out of the action, so we decided to take him out as well!


He loved it!


While the two guys went out, Ashley and I were chatting on the pier when a man came up to us and asked if we would take pictures of him proposing to his girlfriend!! I had Danny, so it wouldn't really work for me to try to take photos, but Ashley was able to. It was so fun to see the happy couple! She was absolutely thrilled!

She couldn't stop looking at her ring!


After we returned the paddle boards, we headed to the beach for a little bit. The waves and views were beautiful!







What a great day!

2 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I can't get over how stinking cute Danny's face was after his paddle surfing experience! He is just the cutest little kid! I'm so glad we got together--Matt and I had so much fun with you three :-) We need to play again, and soon!

Also, I love that picture of your whole family on the beach. And not just because I took it haha. More because I love your little family and I love the beach, and I hope that Matt & I can have pictures just like that with our own little baby someday soon-ish :-)

gbrooks said...

Sounds like fun, and super cute family photo on the beach! We're all settled in HB now, we should get together sometime!

Garin