Monday, April 13, 2009

Are you serious??

So, this older couple in our ward (we don't even know their names) came by our house last Thursday while I was out. Apparently they keep bees, and the person who currently houses their bees can't anymore because he is allergic - so they asked Kenneth if they could keep their bees in our backyard. Kenneth kind of stood there for awhile, and after it became apparent that they were looking for an immediate answer, he said, "Well...okay..."

So, I come home and Kenneth tells me that we're going to have bees in our backyard - NO THANK YOU! I definitely do NOT want bees! I don't care for them, I don't care about the small amount of honey we would get, and most of all, I don't want the liability every time we have someone over now! I told him a) he needed to figure out the NAMES of these people and b) to call them and tell them that his evil wife will not allow bees.

Apparently he forgot...the next day, we get a knock on our door and there is the husband and his son(?) with the bees on the back of their truck! I was ticked! Kenneth is standing at the front door and tells them, "Oh, I talked to my wife about it, and she doesn't really want bees - she is afraid of getting stung." - Not completely the truth, but partly. I just don't want them at all. So, the guy says, "Oh, if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone." - NOT THE POINT! I don't want them! Arg! I am obviously upset about it, and the guy can totally tell. Kenneth is too nice to just say, "NO - we can't take your bees" so they end up setting up and they say that they will try to find someone else.

Then, on Sunday, the wife was sitting next to me during choir (again, I don't know her name...) and she is staring at me, but I don't feel like talking so I just keep looking forward (I know...I'm so mature sometimes). Eventually I glance her way and she says, "Oh! Thanks for keeping our bees! I heard you weren't too excited about them...but they'll be fine - I promise!" - not even a hint of "hey, sorry about this mess. We'll find someone right away who can take them." Nothing.

ARG! I hate bees!!

10 comments:

Mark Nott said...

I am crying laughing right now!!!!
That is the best story I've heard in a while!
Bees? Really?
FUNNY!!
Deb liked it too.

Heather said...

Seriously... Bees?! Why can't they keep them in their backyard? Having nice husbands can be kinda annoying sometimes!

Hope you can get them gone soon!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Good luck getting rid of them! Hmm, tough situation. I guess enjoy the honey?!? Maybe look at it as an investment into something that will be great for your food storage. But good luck.

Kristina said...

Amy- I can totally understand where you are coming from...I wouldn't want them either...I hope they find someone to take them soon!

argylesocks said...

I can't believe they would even ask. Seriously. People can be so bizarre sometimes. Besides, keeping bees in a city. I too hate bees. I don't even like honey all that much. Bless your hearts.

Karen said...

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! BEST story I have heard for a while!! SO random! hahaha! I mean... ahem...I'm sorry to hear about the bees Amy, I hope some crazy bee-lover can take them soon. Put it on Craigslist. :)

Lalis said...

Sell 'em...

Just kidding. I guess you can't exactly do that, but I'm sorry. That does suck. I'd be utterly annoyed as well, especially 'cause you can't exactly yell at them and tell them they're inconsiderate idiots who should've come up with a better solution... I guess the right thing to do is to pray so that you'll have the right words and tone to tell them that you really don't want them in your home. Good luck! And if all fails, at least you have a funny story to share.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Haha, Amy that is hilarious! I can see Matt doing that EXACT same thing, but I wouldn't react NEARLY as calmly as you. All of the Graf girls are quite impressed with your patience. Good luck getting rid of them! So random. And I'm bummed you can't see my pictures! They're just in photobucket. If it still doesn't work let me know and I'll give you the password for the album :-)

Ike and Bethany said...

Oh my gosh....now I am so curious of who the couple is. First off, why would they want to have bees in the first place. This situation is to funny! Sorry you have to deal with it.

PaA-Lito said...

Just give them a written letter stating that beginning (3 days from the date of the letter) you will charge $10 per day, payable one month in advance, for caring for the bees, then use the money to buy insurance. You might also state that you don't know if you are allergic, your pregnant, and you don't want to find out right now.