Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life Updates

Alright, time for random updates of life happenings...

FIRST - I am in an upcoming play called "Savior of the World" as a church production comprised of members from 4 different stakes in Salt Lake City. The performance depicts the events leading up to the Savior's birth and also his death and resurrection. It is a powerful performance, and if anyone is interested in coming, I would LOVE to see you there!

Performances are all at the Bountiful Regional Center -
Thursday, May 7th @7pm
Friday, May 8th @ 7pm
Saturday May 9th @ 1pm
Saturday, May 9th @ 7 pm

Doors for the show open about a 1/2 hour before the show starts, and seats are first come first serve. Children are DEFINITELY ok - bring your toddlers and babies! Hope to see you there!

SECOND - The BEES! Oh my goodness - my dad was in town last week and while he was here he graciously helped Kenneth and I with some yard work. He mowed our lawn and helped to repair our leaning fence that the city was after us for (THANK YOU PAPA!!!). While he was mowing the lawn (with long sleeved shirts, collar pulled up and mask on to help avoid bee stings) the "bee man" (owner) came over and said, "You know, you shouldn't mow the lawn when it is above 50 degrees because it can aggitate the bees." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! My dad told him that I was not happy about it, and the Bee Man told him that they still have bees at their place, but can't keep these ones because the bees steal from each other - OH PLEASE! So, the bees are STILL at our place, but I am going to talk to them on Sunday to get they out right away. They can keep their own dumb bees (stealing honey from each other? Come on!), and I am not getting up at 3am in order to mow my lawn before the 50 degree cut off mark. My goodness!

THIRD - Kenneth and I went to St. George this last weekend (April 24-26) with Kenneth's parents and it was SO nice! I seriously did NOTHING! We stuffed and addressed wedding invites for Chantale, sat and talked (and ate) all weekend, and got plenty of rest! I was marvelous! Thank you Noyce's for allowing us to tag along!

FOURTH - I was said to hear after coming home from St. George that my Aunt Claudia had past away. She had a massive stroke on April 23rd and passed away shortly afterwards. She has had several strokes over the last 10 years, and I know she is happy to no longer have the restraints and frailities of a tired body. I went to her viewing last night and she looked beautiful. Before she died she said she was excited to twirl around in a dress after she passed (she has been wheel-chair bound as a result of previous strokes). I know that she is in a better place where she is surrounded by peace and by loves ones who have already passed. Love you Aunt Claudia!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Bees steal!? I didn't realize they DIDN'T have an ethics code! WHATEVER! I would put them on the sidewalk and never talk to them again. Seriously, YOU are doing THEM a favor, who are they to tell YOU when to do YOUR yardwork!!! GAY! GET RID OF THEM OR I WILL FOR YOU! lol... ;)

Um.. question the dates are weird on your play. May 7th is a Thurs, 8 is a Friday and 9 is Sat... I wish we could come, but we're going to Idaho for a wedding, PLUS Mark & Debbie are moving that week I told them I would help. Good luck though!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Wow, that bee saga is something else! Haha, I can't believe you've put up with it for so long! And I'm way excited for you to be in Savior of the World-it's the best.

As for my pictures, that stinks that they're still not showing up! If you want, you can click on them and it should link you to the album... which is private... but the guest password is "mustloveya" (because, well, we must love you if we're letting you look at our private album haha). Anyway, let me know if that works!

Luke and Megz said...

I am so excited for your play! I am totally going to come! I'll probably come to the matinee though so I can bring Brock! I didn't realize it was so soon! yay!

Also, I cannot believe the bee situation. I am so worked up about it! I seriously would have poisoned them by now. They must think they are doing you a HUGE favor by letting you have some of that honey!! I can't believe that they aren't doing anything about it when they CLEARLY know that you don't want the bees there. Seriously I would tell them that they have to be gone in a week or you'll have to get the law involved...what else can you do? It's may, when is it ever below 50 degrees to mow your lawn?!! NEVER! wow some people.

I'm glad you had fun in st. george, it's so funny that we were there the same weekend!! You're the cutest Ams, have a great week!!!

argylesocks said...

Okay, we are anxiously awaiting the results of your talking to the bee people. I can only imagine the story on this one.

Rachel N said...

BEES!! *thumbs down*