Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Update

My mom, Edy and her husband Ron were in town this week for the LDS General Conference sessions, and on Friday we were able to meet up with them (Michael, Kim, Alisha, Kenneth & I) for pizza, chatting, and then to watch Alisha's Tongan ward perform an ethnic dance from Pakistan and India. It was pretty fun, BUT they didn't end up starting until an hour and a half after we got there, so until then we got to watch a bunch of older people swaying to polynesian music. It was hilarious.

Saturday Kenneth and I set up in pajamas all day and watched General Conference. The talks were AMAZING both Saturday and Sunday. There were several overall themes that seemed to be referenced to throughout the weekend including living within our means and the blessings of the temple. I am so thankful for the blessing of being able to hear our modern prophet and other church leaders speak. I always feel uplifted and have a re-newed determination to be better and to become the person I know I can and should be.

On Sunday, we went to Kenneth's parents' place to watch conference. We had a big "breakfast" lunch which is sort of a tradition, and all the siblings were there (except Stephy of course) and we had such a fun time just chatting and catching up on everyone's life.

Now we're back to normal life with another week of work. All is going well, and I am excited to FINALLY find out whether "baby" is actually "Baby Emily" or "Baby Daniel Scott." I can't wait to find out! I'll let you all know tomorrow!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey! Did you get everything sorted out with your insurance? Let me know! I'm excited for you too!

argylesocks said...

I am all too excited to hear what you are having. Good luck with the ultrasound. It's really fun. I will be looking for updates.