Thursday, November 12, 2009

Resolution Part II

Alright! I am done with my first 2 weeks on goal #1 for my early New Years Resolutions. My first goal was to read and study scriptures every day. I am happy to say that I have not missed a day, and I am becoming better at diving into the scriptures and making a better effort at pulling out lessons to apply in my own life.

My new goals for the next 2 weeks are to:

1. pray morning AND night. I'm pretty good at praying before bed, but I always forget about my morning prayers.

and

2. Read to Danny every day for at least 20 minutes. I know how important this is, and I will admit that I sometimes forget. I figure make it a new goal = make it a new routine!

3 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

Why is reading to babies important? They dont understand what you are saying. I'm just trying to figure this out. I've never heard of reading to babies. Little kids yes..but babies?

Rachel N said...

pretty good goals! kids are NEVER to young to be read to. The earlier you start the more excited they get about it. :)

I'll pray for you to meet your prayer goal!! haha!

PaA-Lito said...

I'm so glad you have a goal of reading to Danny. I believe it is the single most important thing you can do for his mental development. It creates interest in books, it creates bonding, he hears and develops proper language skills and it broadens his imagination. The more the better. Good for you!