Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving in California - Part I

Kenneth, Danny and I headed out for California last Tuesday evening to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family. We had a WONDERFUL trip!

We left Tuesday after work and drove 1/2 way to Winnemucca, NV and stayed in a hotel. Unfortunately, Danny slept the entire 5 hours, so he was very awake when he was supposed to go to sleep for the night! It didn't help that there were people in the room next to us, so Kenneth drove him around for awhile until he fell asleep (that is the first time we have ever had to do that!). We then drove the rest of the way Wednesday morning and arrived in Woodland around noon.

Wednesday my other UT siblings flew in and we went shopping at Old Navy with my sister. All of their Black Friday sales were going on on Wednesday, so we were able to get some great deals without all the chaos of after Thanksgiving shopping! That evening we just sat around talking with Pa A & Jayne. My brother Michael found some blocks and went crazy with all his creations. I get the feeling he is going to have a lot of fun with his boy who is due in March!


Michael's Tower


On Thursday we had a fabulous Thanksgiving with ALL my siblings and their kids! We had it at my dad's house and my mom & Ron were able to be there too! It was so fun to see all the nieces and nephews as well as my 2 brothers & their wives who live in CA. It was the first time the nieces and nephews have seen Danny so we naturally had to get a picture of all the cousins.


Back L-R: Daniel, Victoria (KiKi), Elijah, Tytus Andrew
Front L-R: Isaac, Belen, Danny, Thomas


Alisha helped the nieces and nephews make little Thanksgiving place-mats during the day. They ended up so cute and they loved the project!


Daniel, Alisha, Belen, Danny


As the dinner was being prepared, Kenneth, my sis Alisha and I took some of the nieces and nephews to the park to throw around a football, and to fly kites! The kids had such a fun time, and it was great spending time with them so they could get to know their "Tia Amy" better!


Me & our yellow house


Victoria, Belen & Me



Tytus Andrew & Belen



Belen


Elijah


Daniel, Belen, Victoria & Alisha


Tytus Andrew


Kite & Sky

Here are some other pictures of my family:


Isaac


Tytus & Sharon (their kids are Tytus Andrew, Elijah & Thomas


Karen & Danny


Nathan - married to Karen (kids are Belen, Daniel, Victoria & Isaac)


Mom & Ron


Pa A


Jayne (I can't find a non-kitchen picture of her yet!)

I had so much fun on this trip! Tomorrow will be part II complete with Chucky Cheese for Isaac's 1 year birthday and rockclimbing!

4 comments:

Heather said...

so fun! I'm anxious to see part II! I love your red hair by the way! It looks great on you! We need to hang out soon

PaA-Lito said...

Thank you Amy, Ken and Danny for sharing Thanksgiving with us. It was so fun having everyone here. The pictures are great!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

You look beautiful! And Danny looks so cute with his little cousins. That must've been so much fun getting to be home for Thanksgiving! I'm glad you got to go :-)

PS-I love your new hair color.

Rachel N said...

Sounds like you had a good time in part one! And, by the way, you look amazing! :)