Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Did I Mention...

that I'm quitting my job!?! I gave my notice last week and will be working my last day on Feb 12th. I am so excited! I cannot wait until I can stay at home with my little boy and actually take better care of him rather than sitting at the table taking phone calls all day. I am excited for all the new adventures I will be able to have with my little man. I've already got a list a mile long of new things I want to learn, places to take Danny and people I want to visit!

I truly believe that being a mother is the greatest calling on earth and I take that very seriously. Things will be a little harder these next few months until Kenneth is able to work full time at in May (he can only work part-time for now) but I think - no wait - I KNOW that we will be blessed. I feel so lucky that I have this opportunity, as I have many friends who have a desire to stay at home but who are not able to. Thank you to my good husband for supporting us, and for feeling as strongly about me being at home as I do.

4 comments:

argylesocks said...

I am so excited for your. It makes such a difference. I know that when I was still working more than my 2 hours a week I always felt like I was doing a lousy job being a mother and that I was a lousy employee. You are an adorable mother.

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Amy, thats wonderful! I never understood how amazing being a stay at home mother was, until I was "forced" into the situation. I can't believe I ever chose to work outside the home!!! You will of course love it! :)

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!!! What a blessing to be able to be with your sweet boy more often :-) April recently was able to switch her part-time job from the office to home so she can be with Tasha, and she's loved the difference it's made.

PaA-Lito said...

Fun Fun Fun!

and

New...

Work Work Work!