Friday, February 26, 2010

Falling Behind!

Sorry I've been slacking with the blog...I am here now to catch up!

First of all, last Wednesday I west to the free day at the Hogle Zoo with my friends Coralee and Katrina from church. It was my first time to the zoo and it was a lot of fun! It was snowing when we went (for the first half) so most of the animals were inside. I can't wait to go again in the spring sometime when more of the animals are out, and also when Danny is a little more attentive. He ended up sleeping most of the time! Thanks ladies for the fun adventure!


The front entrance covered in ice! I loved it. I took the picture for Kenneth who wants to go ice climbing so badly.


We finally got inside to see animals without a plate of glass between us and Danny conked out!

Then, last Thursday we got our new camera (Nikon D5000) in the mail! We sold our fabulous camera about 3 weeks ago so that we could upgrade!! We basically have the same camera in terms of features and quality, except that our new one has a video camera also! We naturally wanted to get some video of our cute little guy (especially since we've missed 8 months worth of good video already!).

Here are some new photos of Danny (Kenneth went a little nuts once the camera came):









I'll post a video soon...it wouldn't load...

Anyway, we decided to go for a walk on Friday "in da' hood" as we call it. Here are random photos from that.









Saturday we had splendid weather! Kenneth set up a slackline in the backyard and Danny enjoyed laying in the grass, soaking up the sun!



For those who don't know or understand what slacklinging is, here is a play-by-play:














My brother Michael and his wife Kim drove up from Las Vegas on Friday and on Saturday I attended a baby shower for Kim who is due with their first (Jonathan Michael Adams) on April 4th. It was a lot of fun getting together with friends and family to celebrate! (Unfortunately I got no photos!)

Saturday evening, Kim had a second baby shower and so, instead of hanging out with more women, Michael opted to hang out with me, Kenneth, Danny, our friend Jose and Jose's baby, Eli (Jose's wife, Analee was at the shower with Kim). So, we met up at Memorial Grove? park (east of the Capital) for Geocaching! It was the first time Kenneth and I have been. It was a lot of fun!! For those who don't know what it is, nighttime geocaching is where you follow a trail of reflective markers until you find the "cache". The markers are found on trees and look like this:



I think I would prefer the night ones versus the daytime ones. Anyway, after traversing a river and going on a couple of "cliffs" we found out prize!



Apparently the caches look different for most of the trails. We were all excited!









Sunday we were invited to a family dinner with my sister-in-law - Kim's family. We had fabulous fajitas, salad, cake and chips & salsa. It was so much fun eating good food, sitting around and talking, and playing with kids. We had a fabulous weekend!

In other news, Danny is teething...his two bottom teeth are coming in. We took a photo last Thursday of his one tooth, and his second tooth cut through on Saturday. Oh boy!

3 comments:

PaA-Lito said...

So sad Danny...but life is always better with a little bite!

Stacie S-H said...

Umm wow. No way. Slacklining and geocaching huh. Tony introduced me to those two things! i never heard of them til i met him. You guys HAVE to meet him. For reals. This is just so cool!

Ben said...

I found your blog while digging around for info on Goshute Cave. It definitely looks sweet. It got a little more random when I saw that you found the geocache that I hid in Memory Grove a few years ago. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Crazy times!