Friday, June 13, 2008

St. George Fun

Hey! So I completely forgot to tell everyone about the awesome time we had in St. George last weekend! Kenneth's parents had a condo in St. George for the week and they were unable to go, so Kenneth and I were the "parents" this weekend and took his siblings, Chantale and Steven.

We drove down Friday and stopped by a little restaurant called "La Fiesta" and then headed the rest of the way down. The weather there was PERFECT! Clear blue skies and warm sun! Finally...a place where it really does feel like summer!

On Saturday we woke up and made a scrumptous breakfast. Afterwards we went to Green Valley Gap for some rockclimbing, and then went swimming and laid out by the pool. Afterwards we did some shopping - flip flops only for me and Kenneth and a new dress for Chantale - and then we came home and made chicken puffs for dinner...YUM, YUM! We then went out towards Snow Canyon and did a hike called "Turtle Wall" - we sort of missed where the WALL was, but it was a beautiful hike nontheless. It was incredible green with all the rain we've been having. That night we just watched a movie and pigged out on popcorn and licorice! What else is vacation for!

On Sunday we all just relaxed and went to church...full filled day with scripture reading, journal updates and letters to friends on missions. Then, on Monday, Kenneth, Steven and I headed back home (Chantale stayed the whole week and had a friend come down on Monday evening). On our way home we stopped by Zion's National Park. Kenneth got a parks pass for his birthday, and I have never been. We went and hiked "Angels Landing" together, which is one of the most popular hikes in Zions. It was GORGEOUS! The view was absolutely spactacular! We took pictures so I will have to put them up soon. The only downfall with the hike was that I got sunburned on only 1 side of my body...so now I have a ton of tiny blisters all over me neck...NOT cool! Anyway, it was SUCH a fun weekend! I'm excited the next weekend is already here!

1 comment:

Megan said...

3 hikes in one weekend?? You're crazzzy! Haha it sounds like you had a ton of fun though... and I wonder what it would be like to be in a place where summer is in existence... haha!