Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bear Lake

We're back! I'm going to break down our craziness into a couple of different posts...so here is the first! August 1st - 4th we went up to Bear Lake with Kenneth's grandma, parents, brother Steven and sister Chantale. We drove up Chantale and Steven after work and arrived to a Thanksgiving dinner which had been prepared by his parents! We lounged around that first night, and then on Saturday we hit the beach!

Kenneth's parents were SOO kind to rent a jet ski for several hours on Saturday. It was incredible fun as I have NEVER been on one before! We had a blast! Kenneth was CRAZY on it though! I was flying everywhere! I even coaxed Utah Mom to get out there! WOW...that was an experience! I went out with UT Dad and UT Mom, and UT Dad was even crazier than Kenneth was! I've never seen that side of him! UT Mom, meanwhile was screaming the entire time! It was hilarious! I laughed so hard!


Steven, Kenneth and Me:
Kenny-Boy & Amy-Girl:
My CRAZY ride with UT Dad and UT Mom:


While Kenneth and I were out in the middle of the lake we came across this huge school of fish! It was great! So Kenneth got out and swam with them for awhile to get some pictures.



After spending the day at the beach we went back to the condo and just relaxed and played games.


Later that evening while most of the family was watching a movie, Kenneth, Steven and I decided to enjoy more of the outdoor sun and set up a slack-line in the grass area outside of the condo. I always enjoying slack-lining even though I can't go more than like 2 steps before falling! Kenneth and Steven are amazing though and are always trying new tricks. They attracted quite the crowd of little kids and ended up spending a large amount of time helping little kids walk across. It was so cute to watch! We also walked along the beach, went on the swings and just enjoyed the sunshine. We don't have any pictures because we left our camera in the condo, and when we got back to the condo THIS is what we found on the camera:

There were more...but this one was definitely the best! Haha!

Come Sunday we went to church, had some food, and then UT Mom, Dad, Steven and Grandma headed back to Salt Lake/Highland. Kenneth, Chantale and I spent the afternoon napping, reading, and relaxing. We also walked along the lake and had fun just chatting as we do. On Monday we packed everything up and headed out ourselves. We stopped in Logan canyon and did a quick climb (Kenneth has been having some withdrawls).

Me:
Chantale:
Kennth:

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ok so im so anxious to see your Hawaii pictures and to see how you liked it and all! I want details! Are we going to do camping this weekend BTW? I'm happy you guys are back though!

Rachel N said...

That sounds like SO much fun! I like how you differentiate between parents (UT mom and dad) very clever. :) I also CANNOT wait to see the Hawaii pics!

Megan said...

Psh Bear Lake?? I want to see HAWAII pictures!!! Haha!

Rachel D. Josephson said...

Hey--that looks like so much fun!

And I'm glad there's still more to come!