Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hawaii Part IV - the last one!

Alright! I am so excited because after this I will be updated on the Hawaii posts! Then I can get back to real life! Here we go!

Monday, August 11th
On Monday we went snorkeling at Haunama Bay. It was a little frustrating getting there, because the parking lot was full, so we had to drive around for awhile looking for a spot, and ended up parking about a mile away from the Bay and hiking up to it. I wouldn't have been that bad, but it was really hot, my sunburn hurt, and Kenneth was getting blisters from his flip-flops. THEN, once we got there, we found out that they only accept cash for the snorkeling gear and lockers...and we didn't have enough! SO, we had to hike another mile or so down to the local grocery store, and buy something to get cash back. As we were walking back up the hill once more, we were totally annoyed, and when a cab guy came by and offered us a ride up for $5 we took it! Seems kind of ridiculous when you're in the car for less than a minute, but we were fried! Once we got there though we relaxed and had a great time. The fish were AMAZING!

Whoops! Kind of cut this one off...

A sea turtle! I've seen one every time time I've gone! 3 for 3!
A HUGE school of fish!




After we were done snorkeling we drove to a blow hole that is just around the corner and got some great pictures. The waves were AWESOME there because they were huge and would crash right on the rock. There is absolutely no beach here.


When we got home, my sis-in-law Kim told me that when she was in Hawaii, and girl was taking pictures at this location, down closer to the edge (where Kenneth WANTED to go, but I wouldn't let him) when she was swept into the ocean and she ended up drowning! How sad! Kim was snorkeling in the bay, which is just around the corner, and the beach patrol pulled the girl into the Bay and Kim saw her. How sad! This is why I make the level-headed decisions that we don't do things like that!

Tuesday, August 12th

Our last day in Hawaii! As weird as this is, I think we were ready to go home. The vacation was amazing but we were tired, and burned, and ready to sleep in our own bed! On our last day we packed up, and check out of our hotel by about 10 a.m.



After we packed up, we headed towards the North Shore to do a session on the Laie Temple. It was great! It is kind of our tradition to always do a session at the temple whenever we vacation in a place close to one. I think it's a good tradition!



After we were done at the temple, we slowly drove back towards the airport (our flight didn't leave until 9:45 p.m. Hawaii time). We stopped at some of the local beaches along the way.


So, I think I was really tired by this point, but I LOVE how green the mountains are so I had to put it in!

After driving by the beaches we were beat and couldn't figure out what else to do, so we ended up seeing Mama Mia (I know it's lame to watch a movie when you're in Hawaii...oh well). Then we headed to the airport. Our flight left at 9:45 pm Hawaii time, and we got into the Salt Lake airport at 7:30 am Utah time. It was insane! It was NOT comfortable trying to sleep on the plane! I'm sure it was hilarious seeing the two of us laying all over each other trying to get comfortable! Hilarious! Anyway, that's our trip! THE END!

4 comments:

Megan said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!:) I loooove the green mountains too... too bad Utah's mountains don't have a little more greenery ay?

Kristina said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! When Eric and I finally make it there, I'll have to go to you for advice. Great pictures! Too bad you couldn't get any of the skydiving trip though. It sounded awesome!

Luke and Megz said...

wow what a fun trip, you two are the definition of adventurous. It looks like you guys were so busy and had tons of fun! I have to say you are way braver than me snorkeling and stuff, I am terrified of the ocean! I'm glad you guys had a great time, and thanks for coming to my shower, it was so fun to finally see you again! Let's plan a get together soon!

AubreyB said...

This looks like so much fun! I'm jealous - maybe someday we'll go there! Are you guys going to Brett's wedding in a few weeks?