Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hawaii Part II

Thursday, August 7th
So, continuing on with our adventures from Thursday in Hawaii...after the Dole Plantation we went to the Polynesian Cultural Center. We were only there for one day so we didn't get to do a ton at the different activities at the different villages, but we had fun nonetheless. Here are a couple of pictures: Kenneth laughed at me for this first one for wanting a picture in front of the fake waterfall...oh well! I thought it was pretty still!

Tree Climber at the Samoan village:
Kenneth making fire at the Samoan village:
The fish we weaved at the Tongan village:
Dang! I am one fierce Tongan spear-woman!
The Hawaiian dancers on the River Pagent:
The Tahiti dancers. They are supposed to be like the sun. The men do a really fun dance here!
I LOVE the Fiji dancers!
Uh...I think this is Tonga...
The Island of Aotearoa...more commonly known as New Zealand. They are one of my favorites!

After the village portion of the Polynesian Culture Center Kenneth and I went to the luau. I really wanted to take him to one, and it was fun, but he didn't like the food very much. It all is somewhat sweet, and Kenneth is DEFINITELY a spicy guy!


Friday, August 8th
Early Friday morning we spent our time on Waikiki beach. I LOVE that you can get up and be at the beach by 7:30 am and have PERFECT weather! It is the greatest! Then early that afternoon we went Parasailing! It was a lot of fun, though I wish we had done it before the skydiving because it just didn't seem as exciting when you compared the too!
We had about 600 ft of rope...pretty dull compared to the 14,000 ft we were at the day before, but way fun still, and beautiful views!






After our parasailling fun, we headed over to White Plains beach for more surfing and boogie boarding! I love that beach!


The random awesome guy I saw looking for buried treasure! My brother Nathan would appreciate this one!
And my beach toes!
Well, that's all for today! Look back tomorrow for more fun pictures!

2 comments:

Mark Nott said...

That's looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

i cant believe how much fun you had! SO MUCH FUN! Ahh! jealous :)