Monday, September 8, 2008

I LOVE Weekends!

Hi! So, can I just say...I LOVE the weekends! I love being able to accomplish so much and most of all, I love the large, uninterrupted time I get to spend with Kenneth! On Friday we did a session in the temple, came home, put in a movie and fell asleep.

On Saturday we woke up and Kenneth started re-doing some of the pipes for our sprinkler system (we have really low water pressure) while I did some much needed cleaning indoors. Afterwards Kenneth was done adding the new pipes, we both worked to fill in the trenches with dirt. Once we had our fill of that, we headed up Little Cottonwood to do some rockclimbing! We went to a new area, Lisa Falls, which was all slab climbing...I didn't think I would like slab climbing at first, but I ended up loving it! It was so much fun (after the first climb which consisted of abnormal moves and wasps in the cracks)! After climbing for awhile we headed to a Bee's baseball game. It was tons of fun because they were playing against the Sacramento River Cats! My home team! So fun! The Bees were being KILLED by the 7th inning when we headed home. The score was 7-2. Go Sacramento!

Sunday came along and we forgot to set our alarm and woke up at 9:05! Insane! Church starts at 9 for us, so needless to say we were a bit late...whoops! Anyway, church was amazing! It was Fast and Testimony meeting (where people fast for 2 meals, and during the church meeting people can get up and bear their testimonies). I went up and spoke about how much the Atonement means to me. I'm so grateful for my Savior and I am so thankful that he is my perfect example...in EVERY aspect of my life! After the main meeting, I worked with the Primary children (ages 4-11) on our Primary program which is in 2 weeks!! The children will be singing songs they have been learning all year and they also have speaking parts. They are doing really well considering our Primary is super small! I'm proud of them!

After we got home from church, we made black beans (YUMMY!), meatballs, and bread. Sundays are always our baking days...I LOVE IT! I also took a nap (why? I'm not sure since I slept like 10 hours the night before!). That was about it! Lots of fun, lots of chatting with Kenneth and having fun doing whatever it is that we do! What did everyone else do?

1 comment:

Rachel N said...

Sounds like a powerful church day! I love God too. :)

You guys and your black beans! ;)