Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weekend Excitement

Hello everyone! Another weekend has passed...and I'm counting down to the next one! This last Friday we finally took my sister Alisha out rockclimbing! It was her first time and she did a great job! I'm going to have to post some pictures tomorrow! Afterwards she came over to our place where we all pigged out on kettle corn and watched "Red Eye." It was tons of fun!





On Saturday we were part of wedding madness all day long! Kenneth's cousin, Brett got married to his beautiful girl, Ashley. They were sealed in the Salt Lake City temple, and we were able to go to the sealing along with Kenneth's mom, dad, and lots of cousins, aunts and uncles! It was beautiful! We took part in some fun photos afterwards and caught up with some of Kenneth's other cousins. After the sealing, we headed to Draper for the luncheon which was muy good! Then, Kenneth and I picked up his brother, Steven and headed to American Fork Canyon for some quick rockclimbing. Not going to lie...I didn't have the most fun there. I can't stand the rock in that canyon because it is so sharp! Yes...I am a wuss and don't like my hands getting completely scraped up...only a little bit. Anyway, after the rockclimbing we headed to the reception for Brett & Ashley (also in Draper). The food was SOO good and they had crepes which were amazing! It was fun to see so much family and to be able to catch up!

On Sunday we attended Regional Conference where several leaders of the church spoke about how we need to strength our families. President Monson focused his talk on the following scripture:

D&C 88:119 - Organize yourself; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house; even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God.

What a great scripture to reflect upon with our physical temples - our bodies. Even more, what a great theme to have for our families and for our homes. I loved hearing the words of the prophet and other leaders of the church, and look forward with even more anticipation for General Conference which is in just about 3 weeks!

3 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

My friend Tony went to that same conference too and he saw my sister Laura there! Did you happen to see her? I am sure there were like, millions of ppl ;-) i am so excited to come to Utah for conference!! Maybe we can meet up!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

No wonder you were excited for Friday, you and Kenneth have so much fun! That must have been a blast taking your sis rock climbing. And I, of course, would love to see any wedding photos?? :-)

Rachel N said...

Look at you go! You are hardcore Amy, my girl! (and your sister looks terrified...much like myself when I rock climb lol)