Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weekend Fun!

So, this past weekend was SUCH a fun one! On Friday we went to a concert at the Conference Center where the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra played. It was great! They did a lot of classic American songs. It was a ton of fun!

On Saturday, I went to the church to put on an activity for our Primary kids (4-11 year olds). We practice our Primary Program and then made "I Am A Child of God" picture frames and then ate popsicles. Afterwards, I went to a baptism for one of our Primary kids, Jake. It has been a long time since I've been to a baptism. It was so sweet! He is such a cute kid! I'm so glad that I was able to go. Afterwards, I went to the temple while Kenneth did some homework, and then later that night we went to a Real soccer game! It was so fun to watch them play! We didn't win though...1-0. Too bad.

Sunday was the day of the Primary Program...I was SO nervous that kids wouldn't show up (we have a REALLY small ward) but much to my suprise, and in answer to prayers, almost ALL of our kids showed up!! It went really well! The kids did great at their speaking parts, you could hear them sing (which you definitely couldn't when we practiced the day before) and the Spirit was definitely present! I am so happy that things went well!!

Anyway, that was pretty much our weekend!

2 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

the concert @ the conference center sounds way fun! lucky to be in UT to do stuff like that. i used to be in the primary in the woodland 2nd ward and taught the 4-5 yr olds and yeah, primary program time came around every year and i'd pray real hard all my kids would show up. luckily it went okay usually! glad to hear yours went good too :)

Rachel N said...

I'm glad your primary program went well! Sounds like a lot of fun!