Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference

General Conference was AMAZING! I felt the Spirit testifying of truth with each and every talk. I heard and felt exactly what I needed to get through the trials of life my family and I are enduring at this time. It seemed like every talk was focusing back to the basics of faith, hope, charity, and the Atonement of Christ. All the leaders acknowledged that there are and will be hard times, but that no matter how far we stumble and fall, the way has been prepared for us to GET BACK UP and to receive exaltation through the Atonement of Christ. They spoke about how we must not let despair get to us. The Lord has promised that will have have joy 100x greater than any sorrow we have ever experience. I know that the Lord hears and answers our prayers, and I KNOW that his promises are sure. I know that if we are able to endure the trials of our lives with an eternal perspective, then no matter how hard things are, we will be blessed. The Lord has SUCH joy in store for us, if we can just endure the trials of life. I am so grateful for this knowledge, and am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

5 comments:

James and Monica said...

HI!! I know!! How are you? How is your aunt?

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for reading Simple Finds! Your the winner of the Kennedy Grace Blanket! Email me your contact info as well as the name & blanket you would like (blue or pink). Thanks!

Christie
www.simple-finds.com
christie{at}simple-finds{dot}com

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Don't you love how conference always seems to come at the right time? It's so uplifting.

Couple questions... how'd being the project manager work out? It sounded fun :-) And... have you gotten rid of your love sac yet? Matt mentioned wanting one for our future house the other day and I remembered you were selling yours.

argylesocks said...

I felt exactly the same way. It was wonderful.

Rachel N said...

Yeah, Gods there all the time but he makes it more apparent when we need him most. :)