Monday, October 13, 2008

Updates...

Well, Kenneth and I became unofficial "parents" for the weekend. My Aunt Mary Margaret had her surgery this past Thursday (and is doing very well thus far) and will be in the hospital until today or tomorrow. Since she was in the hospital, and since her husband was ALSO at the hospital with her, Kenneth and I went and watched my SEVEN cousins for the weekend! We got there Friday evening (after attending a fun little Halloween party where we hung out with friends Frank & Melissa, and Ben & Jenalynn) and stayed until 5 p.m. on Sunday. The weekend wasn't too crazy...although there are 7 total, the older ones (Jasmine, Eva, Amelia and Kent) could take care of themselves, so really Kenneth and I were just having to handle the 3 little girls, Abby (9), Ada (6) and Hannah (4). Oh my goodness!! Those little girls jumped on Kenneth NON-STOP! Poor guy! Luckily he still had a lot of fun...but then again, Kenneth is just a little kid himself sometimes! Haha! It was great seeing him interact with them. Too bad I was reduced to the evil one who made them do their chores and homework, shower, put them to bed, etc...oh well...they are too young to stay mad for very long! It was fun being with them and stepping into that "mother" role for awhile...though I don't ever want to be a real mother with that many so fast!!

In other news...I found out Sunday morning that my grandma, Mama Marva passed away. She has been battling cancer for many years. About 6 months ago, they actually gave her only a week or two to live, but she held on for much longer than that (Papa...sorry I didn't call you guys on Sunday...it was really hectic with the kids). I know that she was tired...physically and emotionally, and I know she is in a better place, surrounded by loved ones who have preceeded her. I feel sad for her husband, Papa Ken...I know his heart is breaking. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation though. I am grateful to know that families are an eternal unit of Heavenly Father's plan, and that we can all be together again if we are faithful. That knowledge gives me such peace. I'm grateful for it. I'm grateful for Mama Marva and for all that I learned from her. I loved all the dinners we had together while living in Woodland, and that she took me in and loved me as any grand-daughter when Pa and Jayne got married. I love her. She was and is one incredible woman! I can't wait to see her again someday!

5 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

Thank you Amy for posting that news about Sis Woodward even though its really sad. I am glad she is in a place now where she is free from pain. Sooo good. It will be a happy reunion when you can see her again!

Heather said...

That is too funny about Ken! I hope this weekend doesn't become a form of birth control. They GENERALLY come one at a time, just remember that! ;)

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma! My heart goes out to your family! Let me know if I can do anything for you guys!

Thanks for having Danny over for cake and ice cream last night though... oh and we're moving to DRAPER NOW!!! I'll fill you in later about the details! LOVE YOU!

Kristina said...

Sounds like a crazy weekend for you guys! Sorry about your Grandma! It's definitely hard to lose people we are close to, but I'll bet you will be jumping up and down and clapping when you see her again. :)

Unknown said...

oh Amy you are in my heart!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

So sorry to hear about Sis. Woodward. She was always so sweet to everyone, I can't imagine a better grandma to inherit :-) Thank goodness for the gospel to help comfort Bro. Woodward and your whole family right now. We'll be thinking of you!