Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weekend of Fun!

So, quick re-cap of things going on in our lives...

Kenneth's New Job
Kenneth started his new job this last week. He is currently an engineering intern at ATK - where they make airplane parts and rocket propulsion systems. Kenneth will be working on designing and making the machines that make the carbon composites used. Yeah, I don't really know what that means either. Anyway, it is a great opportunity for him, and the pay is MUCH better, which is always a plus. He really enjoyed his time at Easton and is sad to no longer shoot bows and arrows, but is excited for this new adventure. The main downside is that the job is in Clearfield, and he has to catch the 6:25am Front Runner train to get up there...which means our bedtime has changed to 9:00 pm now! Insane! I feel old. That's okay though. Anyway, this intern is kind of up in the air as far as length. It may end in August, but he may continue working through the school year. Lets all hope and pray that option 2 is a go! That would be incredible for us.

Bee's Game
On Thursday, June 4th Kenneth and I were able to attend the Bees vs Rivercats baseball game. I got free tickets from my work, and it was pretty awesome seeing my old home team (Sacramento Rivercats). The game was fun, but majorly pathetic. By the 3rd inning, the Rivercats were up like 9-2. It was insane! Kenneth and I did enjoy a fabulous baseball game hotdog with all the trimmings - cheese, grilled onions, red & green peppers, and pickles. It was amazing!

Rodeo Awesomeness!
On Friday, June 5th, I headed out to Grantsville to visit my old roommate, Heidz. We had tickets to the Rodeo and it was SO much fun! I have never been to a rodeo before, but have always wanted to. Thanks for taking me Heidz!! The did a portion where these little kids rode (sp?) on sheep!! It was SO adorable!! The bull riding was pretty fabulous, and so were all the events where they had to tie up the steer. I don't know names of any of the events, so I'll have to get the pictures up soon.

Wedding Wonderfulness!
On Saturday, June 6th I was able to attend the reception of my dear friend Ashley who married her sweetheart Matt after a 2 year engagement!! Go Ashley! She look absolutely stunning and I could not be more happy for her!

Dinner Group EXCELLENCE
HOLY COW! I am an idiot...I am completely forgetful now that I'm pregnany. One Sunday, June 7th we had our wonderful dinner group. One of the families - Kendall & Melissa (+ 3 little ones) moved out to Illinois over a year ago, and were in town, so we set up a special dinner group. It was SO great! We had everyone there - 5 couples total + 6 kids + 3 on the way. It was so awesome! Good food, good conversation, good fun playing Catch Phrase and fun pictures. Gotta love it!

Well, those are my lovely updates. Oh, one last one...I finally bought a carseat and stroller! The one I really wanted is no longer available (BLAST!) but I found a cute alternative:



Couldn't find the picture which showed the stoller as well, but you get the point. Thank you Kenneth for putting it together for me! One more thing crossed off of the "finish before baby comes" list!

4 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

wow what a fun and busy time. I love your blog! Crazy to go to bed at 9pm now. Exciting about the new job though! Love the pic of the baby seat carrier thing. LUCKY You got to go to Ashley's wedding/reception stuff! Wish I coulda gone.

Heather said...

HEY! What about our dinner group fun!? Was it not that fun that it doesn't make the cut for the blog?! But cute carseat! ;)

9:00...WOW... i will remember not to call after then now.... ;)

anoyce said...

crap! I forgot to write about our dinner group! And you've got to be kidding me...I LOVED IT! I'm just so forgetful these days!! Sorry!

PaA-Lito said...

Love it all! It's always fun to read your blogs.