Saturday, June 25, 2011

Emily at 2 Months!

My sweet little girl turned 2 months on June 11th - I can't believe how fast the time is going!  We're headed to Utah next week, and by the time we get back she will be 3 months!  Crazy!  Anyway, she had her 2 month appointment, and was 9lb. 14 oz. and 22 in. long.  She is definitely growing!!  I can't believe she is getting so big, though lots of people remind me that she still looks like a newborn!  My friend's baby was over 10 lb. so she laughs that Emily is STILL smaller than her kids ever were!  Ha!



Anyway, Emily is adorable! I love her so much and am so happy she is part of our family.  She just recently has started smiling a little more, and we've found some tricks to help her be less fussy...she is definitely a drama queen, though is getting better.  Danny loves her so much and is so concerned about her.  Whenever she cries he yells, "UH OH!" and then RUNS over to her.  If she's sleeping in our bedroom he knocks on the door, or if she is in her little chair he runs over and rocks it to help her stop crying.  He constantly wants to hold her, and when he does he likes to give her kisses on her head.  What a sweet little boy I have!

Emily is working on her smiling...sometimes she does it, and other times she's stubborn.  Here is a smile we FINALLY caught on camera!


Also, Kenneth gave Emily a baby blessing at church on June 5th.  My dad & stepmom Jayne were able to come down as well as my mom and her husband Ron.  We were so happy they were able to make it and were able to spend time with us and share in this special moment.  The blessing was beautiful and I couldn't ask for a better family!  We were terrible and didn't get pictures that day - Emily was pretty fussy after church with all the hype, but we did manage to get picture of her in her blessing dress a little later.  Here are some of them:






Well there you go!  Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my favorite little girl!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

too cute! Eat it up now...I can't believe my "baby" is almost 1... Time goes by too quickly! Motherhood-where the days are long and the years are short! SO TRUE!

Luke&Megz said...

Ams I haven't read your blog in way too long! I had to catch up on a lot of posts today! I love all the pictures, I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Emily is just adorable, she looks a lot like you but I can see some definite similarities to Danny at that age. I'm sad we missed you guys when you came to Utah, I hope you visit again soon! Hope you are loving being a mom of 2! It's so fun!! love ya!