Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sacramento - Part 4 - Grandpa & Family Park Gathering

On Sunday, our last full day in Sacramento I went to visit my Grandpa Cliff with Danny, Emily, Michael, Kim & Jonathan.  Kenneth was napping when we left, so we decided to leave him behind.  I haven't seen my Grandpa for a long time, and his health isn't so great.  He is in a nursing home and suffers from dementia.  We recently learned that he has various tumors in his lymph nodes, and he probably will not be with us much longer.  We (as in me and my brother) wanted to see him and introduce our kids to him.

When we got to the nursing home Danny, who was walking with Uncle Michael got really scared because all the ladies in their wheelchairs wanted to touch him and were saying what a cute boy he was.  Poor Danny didn't like random strangers reaching out to him!  He ran to me and kept saying, "Up!  Up!"  He wouldn't let me put him down at all while we were there.   At least he let us take a picture with Grandpa without getting upset!

After out trip to see Grandpa we headed to the park by my dad's house and met up with all of my siblings (minus Alisha's family in Germany) and let the kids play together.  It was relaxing and so fun to see all the kids playing.  Here are some of the photos:

Kenneth pushing my nieces (Belen & Victoria) and nephews (Daniel & Tytus Andrew)

My mom, nephew Issac, brother Tytus, & his son Enoch

Sister-in-law Sharon - married to Tytus

Kenneth being a kid

Just hangin' around

Brother Michael w/ his son Jonathan

Danny having some time alone with his hand in his pocket - a MUST for him.  Also my brother Nathan in the background with nieces and nephews

He LOVED this thing!

Danny with his cousin Tommy

One more of my boys flying together
Before we left Monday morning, my aunt Jennifer and her two sons came over to say hello.  The kids all went in the backyard and ate some more cherries and blackberries.  They were delicious!

Jennifer & kids, Michael, Kim & Jonathan, Pa A & Jayne and Us
Well, that's all of it!  We had such a wonderful time!  We'll be out there again in about a month and a half when my sister Alisha and her family will be in town from Germany!  Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

PaA-Lito said...

So nice to see those Woodland memories in your Blog.