Monday, April 8, 2013

Beach Trip & The 5K Color Run

A group of us gals (Amanda, Danielle, Kate & yours truly) had been working for several months to prepare for the 5k Color Run in San Diego on Nov. 3rd.  We decided to make a trip of it and got a couple of rooms at a condo, and had our men meet us down south.  Those of us who were able to go earlier in the day headed out for a day at the beach!  The kids had so much fun and the weather was fantastic!



Kate & Danielle



Checking out the hermit crabs they found

Emily trying to figure out how to carry all the buckets

Jack


All the kids busy digging


That evening after all the husbands arrived (minus Jared who was already there) we ate pizza, and then made smores by the fire.  We had such a wonderful time!  The next day was the actual Color Run!

We ladies were so excited as we waited at the start line!  They let so many people go during each wave, so it was really exciting to see all the people in their crazy outfits (tutus, unicorn horns on heads, etc) and to take part in the countdown for the waves in front of us.



Here we are just having gone through the starting line - you can see me - I've got the purple shorts on!
Here I am at the last leg...of course it is uphill!  I was exhausted since we ran the whole way, and it was crazy hot! Oh, and do you notice that pooch?  Yeah, that's because I'm already 13 week pregnant here!


Yeah!  I'm done!


Danielle, Kate, Me


Here I am resting in the shade, since I felt like I was going to pass out!  Gotta love being pregnant!


Amanda's MIL, Danielle, Kate, Amanda, Me


Throwing our colors



Danny was not thrilled about the colored stuff...

We did it!

No comments: