Thursday, July 24, 2008

Floating Down the Oneida!

So, Kenneth has told me repeatedly that I have not blogged about our most recent adventure...so here it is!
Last Saturday, July 19th, we traveled up to Idaho with Michael, Kim, and a bunch of others friends to go floating down the Oneida River near Preston, ID. Not going to lie I was a little nervous because I've never been tubing down a river, but it ended up being a lot of fun (despite some injury inducing events). Here are some photos of the adventure!

The "before" picture of the chaco lines of Kenneth, Michael & Kim.The entire group of everyone who went
Me on the river
From the backside...
Kenny-Boy!! Michael & Kim
Jose & Analee
Kenneth again
Going over the waterfall! - Yeah, I know it's small but it was scary for me! You can't see the stump I ran into in this picture!
Another look at the falls. When I went down the second time I apparently went down just slightly different than everyone else, and my tube jumped out from under me and I was caught!! I kept being pushed down by the little waterfall there, and could NOT get out!!! Don't even worry - Kenneth has footage of it! Anyway, I was totally stuck and it kept pushing me down. It wasn't even that deep! Pathetic I know! Anyway, I finally got up on my feet and had to jump forward just to get out of the nasty little cycle I was in. I ended up scraping up my knee and hips. Great fun gotta tell you!

The "after" picture of the chaco lines. They were very happy!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Oh that looks like a ton of fun! I looove tubing down rivers! Except last time the water was so low where we went that we had to get up and walk some of the time haha.

Becca said...

That looks really fun, but I'd be nervous, too. Nice of your husband to get footage of you caught in the falls instead of helping you! Sounds exactly like what Jeff would do.

I like in the last picture how Kenneth & Mike's feet/legs are tan and Kim's are pink.

Unknown said...

that looks like SO Much fun! :)

Nick & Danielle said...

You are going to love Hawaii, I'm am so jealous!! You will have to let me know how your surfing experience goes! Anyway, lets get together sometime after you get home! Have fun!!

Rachel N said...

That looks like soooooooo much fun!! I love the before and after shots of your feet! Hilarious! I'm sorry you almost died but glad your hubby got footage! :)