Monday, July 14, 2008

Grandeur Peak & More!

This weekend was very full and super fun!
After work on Friday Kenneth and I drove down past Provo to buy me a bike! Kenneth found a killer deal on a great bike on KSL for $100! We got there, and there ended up being a flat in one of the tires, so he lowered it to only $90! It was great! Anyway, we went and bought me a new tire, and a new bike seat and grippers for Kenneth's bike. I am SO excited to start alternating from biking and running in the mornings. It is going to be so fun!

That evening, we went and saw the movie Hancock with Kenneth's friend Jack and Jack's girlfriend Amy who were up here from California for a visit. The movie was better than I thought it was, though it definitely could have cut out the cussing...there was a lot. That was a bummer. Anyway, it was fun to get out, and to see them.

Come Saturday, Kenneth and I woke up and headed out for our weekly outdoor adventure! This time we just did a short hike up Gradeur Peak - which is a mountain up Millcreek Canyon. I'm not going to lie it was a nice change to JUST do a hike this time without the packs or the climbing gear. The hike was fairly short also...6 miles roundtrip. We did the hike in about 3 hours and took some fun pictures along the way. It was a GORGEOUS hike! Totally different than the other canyons up here in SL. The hike was INCREDIBLY green, and there was very little rock...just trees everywhere! It was beautiful!
Here we are in the middle of the hike. I LOVE how green it was and I loved the crazy big dandelion type things...

A picture of Kenny-boy

Here we are at the peak! It was gorgeous and the view was AWESOME! Sorry about Kenneth's naked body...he got a little hot during the hike.

Just a couple more peak pictures

Later than evening, we went to our monthly dinner group with Danny & Heather, Mark & Debbie and Scott & Martha + lots of babies :) I always look forward to our dinner groups because they are SO much fun...I love getting out of the house, enjoying good food and good company! We had grilled chicken (AMAZING!), one of Scott & Martha's amazing salads, lovely fresh fruit and corn on the cob (a summer MUST!). We topped off the evening with brownies & vanilla ice cream...yum yum! It was way fun!

Two of the couples had to leave to get their babies in bed, so Kenneth and I (the only babyless couple of the group) stayed and watched a movie with Danny & Heather called "Flawless" - it was really slow, but ended up being better than I initially thought it was. Also, we shot off a couple of fireworks - of the illegal type. Danny & Heather bought them in WY, and being the paranoid person I was, I was a little nervous. Danny shot one off and it was so loud that the neighbor across the street peaked out the window. We shot a few more off, but the pacing neighbor who was now on the phone convinced us it was time to go inside. Anyway, all in all it was an amazing weekend with lots of super fun times! Gotta love it!

2 comments:

Mark Nott said...

I'm glad that you got to watch flawless. We both really liked that movie.

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! All of it! :)