Monday, July 27, 2009

Danny Update

So, Danny was making really good progress with eating and gaining weight all last week. This weekend, however, he was not nursing as well. Whereas he usually was eating 11-17 minutes each time, on Sunday he was only eating about 5 minutes each time. He may have just been getting really tired because he continued to eat well with the bottle feeding. Anyway, because of this, Danny has lost weight 2 days in a row...which is a real bummer since we were obviously hoping for weight GAIN. I KNOW that this all has to go on Danny's time frame, but I want him home so badly! I will tell you - running back and forth from the hospital multiple times a day for 3 whole weeks thus far is getting really old.

It was really hard this morning when I went to the hospital. Danny could have potentially come home today, but because of the weight loss that obviously won't be happening. Kind of hit me hard. If he loses weight again today, then he will have to move back to Stage 2 for eating (where he gets some feedings through his tube again). I kind of was a blow for me to hear this...here I was thinking he would be home in the next day or two, and now it may be another week. It all depends on how today goes. Anyway, trying to keep my head up, and would love all the prayers our little family can get. Thanks.

4 comments:

Deb Nott said...

I am so sorry! You are totally in our prayers! Is there anything we can do?

argylesocks said...

You totally just made me cry. I just talked to Ken, enjoy a night out. Baby Danny will be fine. Soon enough you will be up with him in the middle of the night and you will feel like a normal mother. Until then, you are a stellar mother for doing things the hard way. I have no idea how hard what you are going through is, but I do know that you are a wonderful mother and baby Danny is so blessed to have you. We love you. Please let us know if we can help any way.

Kendall and Melissa said...

Hang in there. It is so hard right now. But soon enough you'll look back with all sorts of memories that won't seem quite so hard. Remember your hormones are still all messed up too, so it makes everything that much harder! You can do it!

Ike and Bethany said...

I cant imagine how hard it is to have to leave your baby at the hospital. You guys are in our prayers.