Monday, July 13, 2009

NICU Day #8 & Photos

I love our naked baby!



Baby Danny!


Daddy & Son


Baby Danny! He is always so animated with his hands!


Mommy & Danny


Our little guy definitely wants to come home! He improves a ton each and every day! Here is the most recent update:

- 21 cc per feeding; this amount will increase by 5 cc daily
- no more antibiotics as of today!
- upgrading to a "big boy" crib
- upgrading from naked baby to clothed baby - granted, I do LOVE seeing him in just his diaper! He is adorable!
- very little oxygen being administered. Yesterday he spent most of the day on ZERO oxygen, and when he does need it, it is only a small amount.

I am going to admit that it is getting old having to only see him at the hospital. We are able to hold him now at least, and he is going to start "training" for nursing - which definitely needs to be learned before he can come home. Although it rips my heart out having to leave him at the hospital every night, I am so grateful to know that there are amazing nurses and doctors looking over our little boy. More than anything I want him to get bigger and stronger, and I know that his time in the hospital is helping SO much. Thanks for all of your continued prayers for our little Danny.

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

He is so adorable! I'm so glad you guys are able to hold him now, and that he is improving! Hopefully he'll be able to go home soon!!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Oh my heavens, HE IS HANDSOME!! And he is improving so quickly! That is amazing! Good luck with the nursing bit. Hopefully that will go well and every quickly. It sure doesn't sound like there is too much more for him to do, so congrats! You look beautiful!

Heather said...

I love these pictures! They are so cute! You look beautiful, danny looks so cute and ken looks so proud! I love it! I'll see you on Wednesday! LOTS OF LOVE AND PRAYERS!

Ashley said...

Wow-you rock Amy. I just read like your past four posts and my mouth was open the whole time. I am so glad he is here all safe and sound!!

argylesocks said...

He is so cute. You look amazing (I am jealous). I hope and pray that he continues his speedy improvements. Let me know if I can help any way.

Mama Jayne said...

We are so glad Danny is growing and improving so well. Please continue to keep us posted. We look forward to it, and we will continue to pray for him.

Jayne and PaA