Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Day-Old Child"

Kenneth's mom gave us this poem. I love it.

"Day Old Child"

My day-old child lay in my arms.
With my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly, "How I wish-
I wish that you could hear.

"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and a nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
So I can tell you about God."

My day-old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickled his ear.
But a kind of a light passed through his eyes
And I saw this thought appear:

"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say
Before I forget I'd tell you of God -
I left His yesterday."

1 comment:

Deb Nott said...

Oh Amy. That is so perfect! Did she write it?
I am so glad to see that Danny is doing so well, and that you are too. Our prayers are with you!