Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Randomness

Alright, so here are some more updates from our busy lives:

- Baby Danny continues to grow stronger every day. We are introducing bottle feeding to him to help reduce the need of a feeding tube. He now weighs 5lb 2oz. They are going to start doing his car seat test every day as well...which means he IS actually close to coming home hopefully!! They are hoping he'll be home in a week or so. I'm so excited!

- Our baby room is ALMOST ready for Danny! Michael and Kim came over the Saturday before last and painted out cute circles on the wall! Thanks guys! I'll get a picture of it up asap.

- I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. Last Saturday Kenneth and I went on a hike with our friend Arlon, and yesterday we were able to do some rock climbing. It was SO much fun! Some people we met there made the comment that it was good we could get out and do things now since it won't be as easy once Danny comes home. They said, "hey, at least you've got a babysitter right now...an expensive one, but a babysitter nonetheless!" - how true it is!

- Yesterday we got NEW CARPET! For those of you who have been to our house, you may remember the nasty multi-shades-of-brown-70's-shag carpet that was there previously. We opted to get new carpet because A) the old one was nasty and B) Kenneth has done SO much construction in our house that I worry about all the dust and nails that are probably stuck in it! YIKES! Anyway, the new carpet is fabulous! Again...pictures will come asap.

- Yesterday we also painted our shed. We painted it white - because we already had the paint, and we painted the door blue (left over paint from Baby Danny's room). So...not gonna lie...the blue is a bit much! I think we're going to repaint it. It really looks funny. I'll have to do a comparison picture.

- Last update - Kenneth's sister Stephanie (my old collage roommate and best friend) comes home from her mission (Montreal, Canada) on August 5th!! I CANNOT wait! She missed her sister's wedding and THOUGHT she would be here in time for Danny's birth...but obviously that didn't happen. Hopefully she'll be able to see him OUT of the hospital!

Well, I think that's it! Phewf!

3 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm so glad to hear that Danny is doing better! It sounds like your home improvement projects are going well too! That's so exciting to have it ready for the baby to come home to! I bet you are so excited to see Stephanie again to...I can't believe how fast time flies!

Heather said...

Wow! You guys are so busy! Can I say I am so impressed that your up and rock climbing and hiking! I still don't want to do the hiking! LOL... You're in our prayers! Keep up the good work!

Kendall and Melissa said...

I can't believe you guys are getting so much done right now! That is really great! Try not to overdo, it is so easy to do, but then you totally regret it. We will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.