Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Home at Last!



Danny is HOME!! Whoo hoo! I am so excited! They did his final stats before we left. Here they are:

weight - 5lb 7.5oz.
height - 18 in
head circumference - 32.5cm

(all of these are below the 5th percentile obviously since he is a preemie)

Anyway, he is doing GREAT! The only thing I have to do at home besides the norm is to give him his vitamins and iron supplement each day. Poor Danny - they smell and taste HORRIBlE! He is always mad when we give it to him.

Anyway, because Danny was so early (his due date isn't for another 2 1/2 weeks!), he is not allowed to be in public areas for about 2 months...so no church, no grocery stores, etc. Also, we have to avoid anyone who is sick (obviously), so if I tell you you can't hold him, PLEASE don't think it is anything personal! They have just told me that I need to be mean and even more cautious with this whole swine flu thing going around...gotta keep my boy healthy! Anyway, thank you all for all you help and prayers! Can't wait for you to meet our little guy!

8 comments:

Kendall and Melissa said...

Congratulations!! Hooray and hooray and hooray!! The nightmare is over. It's harder work having him home, but so much nicer! And more comfortable. I'm so happy for you and for Danny to be able to be home in comfort. Good luck now with being up at night and all that other wonderful mommy stuff! I really can't believe how teeny tiny he is in the gigantic car seat!!

Deb Nott said...

YEAH!!!!! I am sorry we won't see you at dinner group - but we TOTALLY understand!!!
Congrats!
Mark will be by Friday morning with dinner for you guys. Is there anything else we can do for you?

Kristina said...

He is so tiny!! I love how babies have the tiniest fingernails. I bet Danny's are so cute!! I'm so glad that you got to bring him home...I'm sure it is such a relief for you. I hope everything goes well for all of you!

Stacie S-H said...

wow no going out in public for 2 months?!? dang. I hope that passes fast. Maybe i can come see him when I am in Utah (Aug 20-23) if I am not sick and Tony is not sick. I'll keep you posted. Lmk if it is ok to come or if you'd rather wait to have visitors. Either way i understand!

Rachel N said...

HOORAY!! That is SO exciting!! Have fun!! :D

PaA-Lito said...

I'm so glad I got to hold him in the hospital. Congratulations, now you get to really do all the "mom" things. Good luck! You'll do great! Time for breakfast!!!!

Maginot said...

so happy for you that he's home now! hope he continues to grow healthy and well!

Heather said...

He was so cute when I dropped off dinner! I understand about the public thing, but that's hard... oh-well... It's a good thing though! YEAH FOR BEING HOME! I have a stuffy nose and a cough right now, but as soon as I'm healthy I WANT TO COME HOLD THAT BOY! Love you guys!