Friday, July 10, 2009

NICU Day #5

Danny continues to improve a little bit each day! Go Danny! Here are the most recent updates:

- C-Pap has been removed and has been replaced with a standard breathing tube
- no more jaundice which means no more sun bathing
- oxygen level down to 23% (when he was born he was at 30% and normal level is 21%)
- feeding up from 5cc every 3 hours to 7 cc
- still being administered IV fluids including fats and protein (IV in his right foot has gone bad and caused his little foot to swell. The IV has now been moved to his right hand)
- still on antibiotics as a precautionary
- breathing is less laborious and has also slowed to a more normal level

I'll write when we have more updates!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh yeah! I'm so glad there are improvements! Keep it up Danny! Let me know if you need any more rides or anything... Dinners will start next week! Mon, Wed and Fri!!!

Nick & Danielle said...

Oh my gosh!! I've been out of town and didn't know you already had him. He is a so handsome. Congratulations and I hope everything goes well.

argylesocks said...

Hooray! I still can't get over how cute he is. You should be a proud mama. I would say your great faith is paying off with him being as healthy as he is. We will continue to pray for you and baby Danny.

Holly said...

Amy, I'm a friend of Heather's. My little girl was in the NICU for a week after she was born. I just wanted to say keep up the good work. Being a new mom and having a baby in the hospital is not easy, but it will pass. I wish you all the best! You are all in my prayers!